Phone is an 8330. Still running 4.3. Recently I had to have my handset replaced ... General Blackberry forum

Chimay no está en línea Stack level 1

Need help. Phone log keeps showing up.

Advertisement

Phone is an 8330. Still running 4.3. Recently I had to have my handset replaced for a loss of data services issue. After I got the replacement handset and reloaded everything, there is a new and frustrating problem.

Whenever I unlock the keyboard (coming out of holster) or whenever I am in an application and hit the escape key to get back to the home screen, the phone always pops up the phone log. Doesn't matter if I am in email, SMS, browser, whatever...when I use the escape key, the phone always goes to the call log before getting to the home screen. My old 8330 never did this even once. How do I keep this from happening? (And yes, call logging was enabled on both handsets.)

Thanks for any help!

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    This happens to me. What is happening is the phone is not locked prior to holstering and you have "lock upon holstering" enabled. When you are putting the phone in its holster, the green phone button is getting pressed and as soon as that happens, the phone then locks itself.

So, you take your phone out, unlock it, it goes to the call log screen. You take your phone out because you have a message, unlock it, it will go to the messages screen, and then you ESC out of the messages screen and it goes to the call log screen because that is the screen that was showing prior to being locked.

It is somewhat of an annoyance but no big deal to me personally. You can avoid this by locking the phone first and then holstering it. Setting one of the convenience keys to do this would be the quickest and easiest way.

Good luck and I hope this helps.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Actually it sounds like there is a keypad issue. We have seen that in our shop before, where the escape key will pop up as any other key but escape. If you just got this unit as a replacement, I would contact them back and let them know what is happening.

Zo

I was thinking it was more of a keypad issue also. I don't understand how the green phone button could get pushed when I holster the BB and besides, my first phone never did this. It also does it if I just have the phone out and use it for email or text or whatever. Any time I use the escape key, the phone always goes to call log before going to the home screen.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Well mine never did it until I got the holster I am using. And I have had two different Curve's with different OS so I don't attribute it to a firmware issue or a phone but I guess you never know.

And in your case, if it does it every time, it could be a keypad issue as mine only does it when I remove it from the holster but not every time.

I hope you get your issues resolved. Good luck.

KD78,

What holster do you use? And I should alos amend my first post. The phone does not always do this. Just 90% of the time. (And the first one didn't, so that's what is confusing me.)

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    It is the black leather holster with the magnet of course, to enable the automatic locking upon holstering.

So, to clarify, does your phone do this even if it locks and you have not holstered it?

I've got a Seidio clip holster w/ magnet.

Yes, the phone will do this even if it's not locked. i.e.- Phone is unlocked on kitchen counter. I get an email, check it, then escape back to home screen. But phone goes to call log, then escape again to get the home screen. And it will do this over and over while it is unlocked and sitting on the counter.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Ok, well mine only does this when it is removed from the holster. No problems with it just being unlocked from an "out of holster" position.