My mom has Verizon, and the two phones I am pushing her towards are the ... General Blackberry forum

rachaelp no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Need help directing my mom in which phone to buy...

Advertisement

My mom has Verizon, and the two phones I am pushing her towards are the Violet Curve 8530 or the Tour. She's not super techie at all, and really wants it for personal phone and e-mail. From what I've read, the Curve seems to be a decent phone - and it has the trackpad, instead of the track ball.

I'd love to hear feedback from people! I am working with my new 9700 and the trackpad is amazing.

Thanks!

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    I say get here the curve the one you want to get her or get her the storm 2 or a droid n I also say don't get the tour its crappy

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    My vote goes to the Curve. It's BB's most popular model and has been around for awhile now so it's proven itself.

It's easy to use and should be low maintanace for her.

It will be a great email and texting device. She will also be happy with it's size/shape.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Thanks! That's what I was leaning towards... I think she'll even like the Violet color. Much appreciated!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I am still also considering the same thing for my mom. She is on AT&T however. I am still considering the 8520 due to the trackpad and ease of use. If not that, then the Pearl or other similar smaller phone. She's due for her upgrade in February.

My mom played with texting on my 9700, and she loved the keyboard. I've had Blackberries since they became phones, and had the old Curve through T-mob. Since then, I've had an 8900. The 9700 is the best by far, and the trackpad makes it the big winner. Which is why I think she'll be really happy with the newest Curve.

For reference, she's 62 and has recently joined the texting craze and loves the text lingo. I don't think she always understands the double entendre of the terms she's texting, like "love you long time", but I'd hate to burst her happy little texting bubble... lol

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3
    your mom seems kinda cool..

My mom doesn't even know how to check her voice mail.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by rachaelp View Post
    My mom played with texting on my 9700, and she loved the keyboard. I've had Blackberries since they became phones, and had the old Curve through T-mob. Since then, I've had an 8900. The 9700 is the best by far, and the trackpad makes it the big winner. Which is why I think she'll be really happy with the newest Curve.

For reference, she's 62 and has recently joined the texting craze and loves the text lingo. I don't think she always understands the double entendre of the terms she's texting, like "love you long time", but I'd hate to burst her happy little texting bubble... lol
    thats really funny, just tell her not to include another LONG in her endearments
    ​Galaxy S4 Red