I have a text file, which I'm trying to get onto my Curve, tried to ... General Blackberry forum

dr3x320 no está en línea Stack level 2

Need to get text file onto curve > pasted into Memopad

Advertisement

I have a text file, which I'm trying to get onto my Curve, tried to copy it via media manager but it doesn't show up in the Curve.

Without Data plan or sms/mms texting, and just with app loader;

How would I be able to get the text file onto my Curve and paste the Text (eng/chinese) onto my memopad?

Re: Need to get text file onto curve > pasted into Memopad

Quote Originally Posted by dr3x320
    I have a text file, which I'm trying to get onto my Curve, tried to copy it via media manager but it doesn't show up in the Curve.

Without Data plan or sms/mms texting, and just with app loader;

How would I be able to get the text file onto my Curve and paste the Text (eng/chinese) onto my memopad?
    Copy/Paste the text file into the address field(s) of a dummy contact in Outlook or Outlook Express, do a sync with the blackberry, then copy/paste it from the BlackBerry's address book into the memopad.

English text seems to work, but the Chinese doesn't seem to be translated into the address field, if I can do that I would be golden. I do have chinese fonts installed on the pc as well, any thoughts?

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Is the Chinese language pack installed on your OS? You can check by connecting to Desktop Manager then going to App Loader.

I do, Blackberry Chinese Full Support 4.2

the files i grabbed were from here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...e_support.html

whats also weird is that when i tried to sync it deleted half of the bb OS, maps, roots, certs, messenger, attatchment services, browser, help, memopad.

Luckily I was able to restore them somehow.
    Before up until now, I am able to read and receive chinese text, after dabbling with it today I'm not sure if I still can, Curve is acting very strange today....

Still have the issue w/o reading the chinese text when sync'ing with outlook, even tho chinese font/support is installed on bb OS.

when I try to copy paste from notepad (which reads chinese text fine) into the address book of outlook its unable to read, so instead of say this:
    圣伯纳瑞士咖啡屋

I get this:
    ?????????????
    in outlook, and also on the Curve's Address book trying to syc.

Quote Originally Posted by dr3x320
    I do, Blackberry Chinese Full Support 4.2

the files i grabbed were from here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...e_support.html

whats also weird is that when i tried to sync it deleted half of the bb OS, maps, roots, certs, messenger, attatchment services, browser, help, memopad.

Luckily I was able to restore them somehow.
    Before up until now, I am able to read and receive chinese text, after dabbling with it today I'm not sure if I still can, Curve is acting very strange today....

Still have the issue w/o reading the chinese text when sync'ing with outlook, even tho chinese font/support is installed on bb OS.

when I try to copy paste from notepad (which reads chinese text fine) into the address book of outlook its unable to read, so instead of say this:
    圣伯纳瑞士咖啡屋

I get this:
    ?????????????
    in outlook, and also on the Curve's Address book trying to syc.
    So the computer/notepad can speak chinese, the BB can speak chinese, but Outlook can't? When you sync, there's a list of software you can sync with (Lotus Notes, etc.) in the setup. Maybe try it again using different software than Outlook?

If I did have other software installed , this is a barebone Laptop I brought to Shanghai, I'm not going to risk buying software here if you know what I mean, better off going back to the US and getting originals there, however your suggestion first of all in getting large text files onto the BB via outlook in english at least works perfect, much appreciated on that, now I have to struggle on how to get the PC program to read the pasted Chinese, I'm assuming I don't have Chinese support for Outlook, but I do now I have Chinese support installed via Windows.

Windows XP Pro SP2
    Regional and Language Options:
    Install Files for East Asian languages is installed.

Ah well, will try to figure out another way. Hope I'm not the only one with this prob.

Everyone loves my Curve here in Shanghai btw
    ATT Curve 8300
    v4.2.2.89 / Platform 2.4.0.39

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Have you tried using Outlook Contacts Note field or using the Outlook Notes to sync with the Memopad app on the BB?

Or using DM to sync a Character Separated ASCII text file created using NotePad to MemoPad? You can sync the Memopad to the PC in order to obtain the correct format.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles