I am looking for a software package that can access the BlackBerry and not be ... General Blackberry forum

RayB1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Need Alternate to Roxio

Advertisement

I am looking for a software package that can access the BlackBerry and not be based on the Roxio engine. More specifially, I need a package that does not use Macromedia InstallShield Update Service Program Module (ISUSPM.exe).

We currently have a fleet of HP computers with Vongo pre-installed. Anyone who owns an HP computer with Vongo preinstalled knows about this cancer. Vongo enters a Windows Installer loop during various executions on a computer. One of the triggers is the ISUSPM.exe. Trust me when I say that Vongo cannot be uninstalled. There is no solution that actually works. This is a blackmark on HP, Vongo, Starz (owns Vongo), Verizon (just bought Starz), InstallShield, Macromedia (owns InstallShield), Roxio (they share the code with Vongo), and Microsoft (They did not demand successful uninstallation protocals). Each participant points the finger at each other. Anyway..enough venting.

Only about 5% of commercially available software on the market employs the InstallShield-Macromedia Update Service module. So most programs do not have this module

Part of the BlackBerry setup includes an option to NOT install Roxio lite. So, that part of the puzzle is solved.

Now I need a different program that Roxio that easily accesses the multimedia and other folders ont he computer allowing for the files to be transferred back and forth. Roxio Creator is the full version of Roxio lite, and while it does access the BlackBerry, it also employs the InstallShield Update Service module--so it fails to pass the test too.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by RayB1; 12-27-2008 at 01:09 PM.

toomuchgame441 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30457A4C
    Roxio does kinda suck. I mean the software can't even allow you to make ringtones. It sucked that I had to use a whole 'nother program, then open roxio to transfer all my ringtones.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Nero is a good alternate.
    My brother has it and haven't complaind since. Give it a shot.

the problem is i need a program that taps the memory on the phone....not the Micro SD drive. The Micro SD drive is borken on two phones. Roxio Lite bundled with the BlackBerry and Roxio Creator both get through to the Phones internal memory. I need a differentr program that does the same thing......

I see no-where on the Nero website that Nero 9 does not 'access' the BlackBerry.

So I am still a square 1

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have an HP laptop, BB8830, and Roxio Media Creator 9, Vongo is on here but not installed. I have a link to install the free trial. I personally use mass storage mode and drag and drop to the media card due to the limited space on the phone. I did a google search and came up with a CNET link to remove Vongo. Might try it: http://forums.cnet.com/5208-7587_102...hreadID=201778

Hope it helps
    Last edited by MeatLoafT; 12-28-2008 at 08:41 PM. Reason: I said do to instead of due to... lol... I hate when I'm stupid!

Mosdefin no está en línea Stack level 2
    I use Media Monkey to add music to my BB. The app is pretty cool and isn't tied into any specific folder as it's more of a windows exporer type of UI that is great at playing music and doing music player functions such as moving and converting audio files to your blackberry phone.
    New Yorker in me will never die...

VZW 8330 Curve - OS 4.5.0.77

czm2000 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I use Mass storage mode as well. Not ideal, but it does the trick. I have never been able to get Roxio Media manager working right. Very frustrating. I too have search for an alternative, but have come up empty handed.

zyiro no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    302A0AFF
    What exactly are you wanting to put directly into the phone memory that wont work on an SD card. The reason i ask is adding items directly to the BB memory can adversly effect the devices performance.

i am anting to access the device memory to exchange between the phone and the device various files including musinc and more importantly photos. I want to do this at a desktop so that the work can be done effieciently. I klnow I can email form the phone, but that is a cumbersome workaround. Basically, ou computers gets sick with the InstallShield Update Service Program Module (ISUSPM.exe) and the SD card holding bracket is broken on two Pearl's. I know new equipment is an option as well, but in these economically challenged times, that will not happen for a bit. Roxio's prgram worked on a friends computer, but they did not have the Vongo cancer. So..basically, I am looking for a competitor to Roxio that has the code to access the dev ice memory,

Gauvins no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm looking for the same thing. Based on sniffing the USB communication while Roxio does it's stuff, the commands themselves seem to be just like FTP. For example, to list the files on the device we see:
    Send 0x27 bytes to the device (on Endpoint Address: 0x4 for the 8700 and Endpoint Address: 0x3 for the 8703e)

Hex : 0x06 0x00 0x27 0x00 0x4C 0x49 0x53 0x54 0x20 0x2F 0x73 0x74 0x6F 0x72 0x65 0x2F 0x68 0x6F 0x6D 0x65 0x2F 0x75 0x73 0x65 0x72 0x2F 0x20 0x44 0x46 0x54 0x50 0x2F 0x31 0x2E 0x30 0x0D 0x0A 0x0D 0A
    ASCII: ..'.LIST /store/home/user/ DFTP/1.0....
    The Blackberry then returns:
    DFTP/1.0 200..content-length: 259..content-type: text/xml....<list>..<totalsize>12000000</totalsize><usedsize>0</usedsize><directory><name>pictures</name><attrib></attrib></directory>..<directory><name>ringtones</name><attrib></attrib></directory>..<directory><name>settings</name><attrib>H</attrib></directory>..</list>

Well,

I think we are out of luck. No other program has been reported to do the job. I am ending my watching of this thread. It is sad.

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    nstallShield Update Service Update Manager

The best way will be to remove it from yous startup. See if you can locate this program in your "StartUp" menu. If not, then try to open the following registry entry (i assume that you can use REGEDIT.EXE and are comfortable with it)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\
    Microsoft\Windows\
    CurrentVersion\Run

If you find some entry there regarding this program, remove it.

Another crude method can be to "End Task" it using windows task manager and then search for this file i.e. ISUSPM.exe and either delete it or rename it to something like ISUSPM.DAT.

-------------

http://support.installshield.com/kb/...rUninstall.exe

---------------------

i see u have posted this on other sites/forums to and they have posted stuff to do

an there is no other program to manage the blackberry like roxio has

HyperSyth no está en línea Stack level 1
    is the media manager scrolling to the bottom of the media list by its self for everyone or just me?? cause it very fustrating!