I need a little advice in making a good educated desion on getting my next ... General Blackberry forum

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Need advice please

Advertisement

I need a little advice in making a good educated desion on getting my next phone. I currently have a blackberry pearl 8130 on US Cellular and I am staying with my carrier. So I will have just a few phones that I am interested in. I do love my pearl ALOT!!! I have never had a problem with it, but I do want something more. I need a bigger screen first of all. The small screen of the pearl just is not cutting it. The second thing is I do use my phone for bussiness use, but opted to come off of our companys BES so I could take advantage of a cheeper monthly rate (USC BB unliminted personal data $24.99 vs. $39.99 for being on a BES). I miss alot of the features that the BES had. My company also uses microsoft exchange by the way.

So that brings me to my choices, I could go to the 8330 curve and that would solve my screen problems and I know I would love the full querty keyboard! Plus all of the other things Blackberry has to offer. But on the other hand next month USC will be getting the HTC "touch" 6900. This phone has made me stop and think about trying something else for awhile. For me the pros of trying this out is I can get back some of the features I lost being on the BES, since we use microsoft exchange a windows mobile phone works very well and still get the same $24.99 rate. I will not sacrfice push email and so forth and so on. But even more the UI is very "cool" and since I use my phone for lots of personal stuff too I think it has a better browser and better media player. There seems to be tons of third party apps availble for it as well. So it is very customizable. Also it does have a all touch screen interface. And I want that too! If I knew that RIM was launching the BB thunder, and if USC would be getting it anytime soon, there would be no question on whom I would be staying with. But unfortunly USC will probley not see the thunder for at least a year if not longer.

So please let me know what your thoughts are! I am aware this is a BB forum so I do expect some to be bias, and I have never been a fan of windows mobile either. I am just looking for good and solid pros and cons of switching

Thanks
    Joe

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    As you said, this is a BB forum and we're sort of biased. With that said I would recommend finding a site that compares the phone choices that you're considering. If you like Blackberry the obvious choice would be the 8330 (as you also said) but try to get an objective view. Maybe a site like CNET or PCMAG or Laptopmag could help you sort it all out. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Ur not going to like window's mobile if u have been using a bb....its gonna freeezz, u loose the great push email...there are soo many things that i could go on an on about....wm sux

PIN/ID
    ask me
    jblackfish I do appreciate you pointing me in a direction to get a less bias veiw I just posted my question here first becouse most of the members here seem to have alot of phone knowledge on all phones not just blackberrys and I trust most of the opionions will be based on facts thru experience with a windows mobile phone.

I guess my main point is more that, blackberry serves ALL of my buissiness needs but not all of my personal needs and I dont have the patince to wait for my carrier to catch up to the newer blackberry technolgy that will give me both of best worlds (like the bold or thunder). At the same time I dont want to spend the money to get a "cool" phone that I will be disstafied with either. I know what a blackberry can do. I just dont know about WM. But I will ask in some other places as well I just would like to hear from some of my fellow stackers too

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    As you said, this is a BB forum and we're sort of biased. With that said I would recommend finding a site that compares the phone choices that you're considering. If you like Blackberry the obvious choice would be the 8330 (as you also said) but try to get an objective view. Maybe a site like CNET or PCMAG or Laptopmag could help you sort it all out. Good luck.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    DONT do it..

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    I guess it all depends how much you like blackberries in comparison with the other brands. Personally, I would just upgrade within blackberry... Tha just me. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leetneo View Post
    u loose the great push email...
    Although the push on the Windows Mobile may not be as good as that of BlackBerry it still does have push email. With that said you also do not have to depend on the RIM infrastructure or other third party as it uses ActiveSync to do pushing via https connection. I have however heard that even though ActiveSync pushes the email fairly quickly the BB actually has the whole email waiting for you where as the the Windows Mobile you have to wait a short period of time for it to finish downloading.

mikemunoz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2451368F
    Try and text on a touch screen - I had an IPHONE and as a data device it is 3rd world at best. As a communication tool/data device I believe that BlackBerry is the best available product.

Just my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by mikemunoz View Post
    Try and text on a touch screen - I had an IPHONE and as a data device it is 3rd world at best. As a communication tool/data device I believe that BlackBerry is the best available product.

Just my opinion...
    Sounds reasonable to me and you're entitled to it (your opinion)

mikemunoz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2451368F
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Sounds reasonable to me and you're entitled to it (your opinion)

maybe I am a moron - but I find the touch screens gimmicky and not very user friendly from a functional standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemunoz View Post
    maybe I am a moron - but I find the touch screens gimmicky and not very user friendly from a functional standpoint.
    Not at all - honest opinions are NOT moronic. They're honest opinions.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Yeah texting ability is a HUGE concern of mine. The whole windows mobile thing is a huge concern of mine. I know the blackberry is reliable and very stable. And nobody can dispute the keybored abilitys of a BB. For me it is missing a few things I would like. And not for sure the trade off will be worth it or not.
    But you gotta admit there are aspects of the htc or even a iphone that it would be nice to have. Like I said before if US Cellular was getting the thunder by the end of the year. I would never consider anything else. But reality has it that we will not see it for quite some time if ever. Who knows! It is just something I have been thinking about. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~