Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well, I did it, and I'm sorry everyone...I did choose the iPhone for a variety ... General Blackberry forum

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H

Advertisement

Well, I did it, and I'm sorry everyone...I did choose the iPhone for a variety of reasons, even though I was originally not going too. But since my boss is going to be giving me a BlackBerry, I did the unthinkable and got the iPhone.

Check out this Blog entry for more info on why as it explains a lot:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=771

Sorry. :-(

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by javatyger View Post
    Well, I did it, and I'm sorry everyone...I did choose the iPhone for a variety of reasons, even though I was originally not going too. But since my boss is going to be giving me a BlackBerry, I did the unthinkable and got the iPhone.

You WILL be sorry, quite true. Should have checked out the hundreds of thousands of blog entries outlining junk chips, the MobileMess, and security problems for enterprise before you got sucked into Steve Job's morass.
    When you come to that realization, ship me your iPhone. I'll bronze it and use it for a paperweight.
    Hey, maybe you can get one of their Nanos that have been frying over in Japan too. Try eBay!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hey, no worries, Java. No need to 'splain yourself.
    I'm sure others will offer their snide remarks, but you do whatcha gotta do. We're not here to judge you, but to support you in whatever you do!

Sounds like you'll have a BB, too, so it's all good!

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    You WILL be sorry, quite true. Should have checked out the hundreds of thousands of blog entries outlining junk chips, the MobileMess, and security problems for enterprise before you got sucked into Steve Job's morass.
    When you come to that realization, ship me your iPhone. I'll bronze it and use it for a paperweight.
    Hey, maybe you can get one of their Nanos that have been frying over in Japan too. Try eBay!
    ^^ Case in point! Live and let live and leave well enough alone.

DCorrea702 no está en línea Stack level 2
    alright bro here's the deal.
    I work for Apple. Before I started working with them I switched to AT&T just to get the iPhone. After I started working there and dealing with all the iPhone customer, demoing the phone and seeing how many people had problems with it, I changed my mind. I ended up getting a BB 8700c which I loved and a few months later I got the Curve. I have an iPod touch that pretty much does everything an iPhone does and my Curve. I was thinking about getting the iPhone 3G on the launch date, but I decided to wait a little bit longer, but now that I see the iPhone is having a million problems, I dont even want it any more...

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    so far I haven't had any major problems and the snide remarks are going to happen. I am a blackberry lover and always will be. But this is a major adjustment for me, especially with the touch keyboard. I will be posting my reviews of it on my blog so those that care to read it, feel free.

My experiences with the iPhone and my experiences with my blackberry I hope will help people here and also with my customers that are going to be depending on me for my experiences with these devices so they get the proper phone which is what matters where I work.

I'm always going to be a loyal blackberry user. That will never change, no matter how much fun the iPhone can be. I can't wait 'til the thunder to come out to be honest. I'm sure my experiences with my iPhone will help me with the thunder later on.

- posted via my iPhone.
    Last edited by javatyger; 08-22-2008 at 01:09 AM. Reason: typo

Dansnov1086 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FEDBE
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I know this is a blackberry forum, but I don't blame you at all. I've always thought the iphone was a really slick device, of course I never owned one but I have always thought it to be very cool. You'll know that phone very well and it willk make you a better salesperson for it, who can blame you there, certainly not me. Enjoy the iPhone, enjoy your BlackBerry.

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

Hah I was debating something like that a while back, my opinion is not really bias as I am apple fan boy and use mac and a lot of other apple products, but the I phone is just a miss, it has the cool factor, but is missing many features that blackberry offers. To be honest I use I phone each time I am in the mall just to remind myself that it sucks. We are all human and fall under the marketing hype, esspetially the apple marketing! It makes everything look great, but the iphone is just simmply overrated. To tell you the truth, I get bored of the device within 10 minutes as it does not offer much, I mean the os seems great, but just the desgin of it is terrible!

The proccessor is not fully optimized as it can't multi task, meaning you can't run chat and browse at the same time, that is a massive compromize! Push is great on the iphone, but its just not as real time as the blackberry device!

Bottom line, I would recomend the bold, I would get one myself, but I am whith telus, bescides I am abot 61 62 and I have big hands so I would imagine bold feeling much nicer in there!

jforce1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by domesticated View Post
    The only people I know that 100% enjoy their Iphones are my 15 year old sisters friends. Everyone else I know regrets getting it.

I don't know anyone who regrets a BB :]
    I totally agree. My friend retired his BB for an iphone and totally regrets it. As explained in other comments, there are way too many BASIC features missing. Like no MMS, no copy and paste, no removable battery or expandable memory and a keyboard that takes too long to get used to.

I'm glad you're going with the Bold. I wish I had the cash to throw down for one. I can't believe the Rogers pricing!

***Oh, I just caught up on reading the posts...you went with the iphone!!!?? And you had the option of getting a Bold???!! CRAZY!!! Good luck with that.***
    Last edited by jforce1; 08-22-2008 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Dude!!!

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    This guy didn't want advice. He's playing around.

onedoteight no está en línea Stack level 2
    the software for it is nice... hope it works out for you.
    Last edited by onedoteight; 08-22-2008 at 08:39 AM.
    Blackberry Storm 9530 4.7.0.103 (Verizon)
    Blackberry Curve 8330 default (Verizon)
    Apple Ipod Touch
    Canon PowerShot SD1000

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Hey, no worries, Java. No need to 'splain yourself.
    I'm sure others will offer their snide remarks, but you do whatcha gotta do. We're not here to judge you, but to support you in whatever you do!

Sounds like you'll have a BB, too, so it's all good!

Enjoy!
    agree 100% you buy or get what you want we are here to help no matter what and isnt that what life is about living and learning

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Honest Advice: Get the Iphone!!! I have one. I also still have my Curve which I loved. You will still have this website. If you notice, there are a large amount of people that knock the Iphone with one breath, and say they want the Thunder with another breath. If you want the Thunder, there's no need to wait forever and have to go to a carrier you may want or not, just get the Iphone. I loved my Blackberrys and I love my Iphone. There is no need to feel like a traitor by getting the newest technology with the most apps, trust me. Also, there will be nothing stopping you from getting a Bold or Thunder in the future.

That is honest advice, something you probably won't find a lot of here, but I still feel like part of this community and hopefully will continue to.

Quote Originally Posted by iron07 View Post
    agree 100% you buy or get what you want we are here to help no matter what and isnt that what life is about living and learning
    This is obviously a BlackBerry-biased forum, so the flaming is to be expected. Some people just can't help themselves and everyone is definitely entitled to their opinion, but man, the whole debate is just trite and obnoxious.

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by javatyger View Post

did you know iphone 3G is getting sued becuase it sucks so good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12