Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey everyone! Ok, so I got a biiiiig problem right now, and I seriously don't ... General Blackberry forum

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H

Question Need advice - honest advice!!

Advertisement

Hey everyone!

Ok, so I got a biiiiig problem right now, and I seriously don't know what I should do. I'm hoping my fellow stackers that I've been helping out can help me now, because I'm seriously considering doing something that I might regret.

I was working for an independant dealer of Telus Mobility and now working for Rogers Wireless(independant dealer as well). The main reason I switched was because I'm going to be moving to Vancouver, and the Telus company could not offer me a transfer. So Rogers extended an offer with a gaurenteed transfer, so I took it. Think for the futre right?? :-D

Now, one of the major perks of working here, even though it's independant, I get a demo line (750 daytime, N/W, free txt msging, and 500MB of data) after 30 days. No here's my problem: with all the hype of the iPhone, which I sell like crazy, and with the Bold and Pearl 8220(Kickstart) coming out shortly, I'm torn between getting the iPhone, since I can get without contract at cost, or getting the Bold or Kickstart(and it is going to be the Pearl - I got the Q3 Report and it's a Pearl 8220)

So help me out. I want the iPhone for these main reasons:

1.) it's cool - touch screen is tons of fun and I've tried the keyboard it's it's decent to use without many errors.
    2.) it's fun - the music is fun to flip through, I get my last.fm app(which I have to pay for on blackberry via Flipside) and the cool zoom in and out with a pinch I like.
    3.) Knowledge: I want to stay ahead of the game, so that I know my product.
    Now why I'm hesistant:

1.) it's touchscreen - break the screen, I'm FUBAR, the alignment can go out(cough...HTC Touch...cough), and it's just plain might not work.
    2.) I want the newest blackberry to stay a blackberry guru and be able to help others.
    3.) My blackberry is very reliable - never had any issues. But then again, never had a Rogers phone either. ;-)
    4.) I love the community of BlackBerry. You guys rock!!! :-D

So help me out. Remember, before you answer, I'll still have my Blackberry Curve so I will still be owning one. Should I go for something different so that I have more knowledge of the product, or should I stay with a BlackBerry and get the lastest and greatest without having to sign a contract???

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    I am biased - stick with BlackBerry.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    I'll give you 2 reasons
    1. you can't copy and paste with the iphone.
    2. iphone doesn't have this kisk azz site.
    ~©®ĺ©kßë®®Ą~

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    You want an iphone because of the cool things you can do.....ok fine. Get it but also keep a blackberry too because it is much more reliable and can do much more than the iphone in all its glory. I don't see anyways wrong with owning two devices and using them concurrently. Heck I carry 2-3 blackberries on me at any given time.... I do give you a promise though that the thunder gives the iphone a run for its money and the bold it wicked ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Yeah it's a reason I'm keeping my TELUS line because I want the Thunder. I'm still up in the air about this...decisions, decisions...
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Fun begins wear out over time. Blackberry's reliability, PUSH service and durability can't compare. Sounds like you need to carry both. I hate managing two phones. At some point when I get budget approval, I would like to carry a BB and a itouch at some point. I like the games, web browsing and video capabilities of the itouch and iphone. My communication needs would have to be with the BB. No comparision. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

I was also lost once but I'm gonna wait for the thunder. Listen, in the end it's all up to you and what you want but from what I see the iphone's just a fad. Good luck with your decision

domesticated no está en línea Stack level 2
    The only people I know that 100% enjoy their Iphones are my 15 year old sisters friends. Everyone else I know regrets getting it.

I don't know anyone who regrets a BB :]

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm biased too. I never thought I'd own a Blackberry, but my partner talked me into it...and I haven't regretted it once. I also considered the iPhone and love all the cool things it can do...but I think my Blackberry is much more customizable, flexible, and reliable.

Stemkroywen no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a Curve too. My main problems w the iPhone are these:
    1. No battery, so to speak. I can EASILY charge my BB wherever I am.
    2. You can't copy and paste. I can't believe that Apple. I use that fuction a lot.
    3. Touchscreen, not a fan. There's a reason for their SureType. It says right there its gonna be difficult to type.
    4. Limited memory. You buy a 16 gig. That's all your gonna get. 4 separate memory cards for BB get me 64 gig. You get my point.

I could go on to about #11. But enough said. I wouldn't trade my Curve for anything but a Javelin, Bold, or OS 4.6.

Good luck choosing.

gypsytales no está en línea Stack level 2
    i have to agree w/ the 3rd comment down: the ONLY reason i haven't switched to iphone is.. they don't have this website

Get the BlackBerry. You'll still be in contact with the ins-n-outs of i-fone because of where you work, so you'll know enough about the device. How many times have we gotten something because it is going to be "fun" and then after a while the shine has worn off? Whereas with a Berry you'll have a stable, useable device which, these days, is cooler to be seen with than the faddish "i-fone". Go with the Berry, son!

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam123gil View Post
    I'll give you 2 reasons
    1. you can't copy and paste with the iphone.
    2. iphone doesn't have this kisk azz site.
    lol yes. Also consider the hopefully upcoming "Thunder." If you like the touchscreen of the iPhone, maybe you'll love the Thunder's just as much (hopefully) or better. The Bold... Beautiful. I don't know what to say. I want to see the Bold and the Thunder both hands on....

That's a dilemma.
    End of ramble.
    Last edited by eazid; 08-10-2008 at 09:18 PM.
    "Who Dares Wins"

PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Hmmm. Thanks for all that. Most of you are right though - it is just a fad and the reliability of the iPhone is not that great, especially battery life. After reading the comments, I think I'll choose the Bold. If I really want a touch screen, then I'll wait for the Thunder.

The community of the BlackBerry is the main thing I'll miss, and I know that having the bold will just strengthen my knowledge of BlackBerry devices and make me a better sales person in the long run.
    The iPhone is a great media device, but there's still a lot that I need that it lacks. My other reason for choosing the Bold now is because it's a work phone - the BlackBerry wins that battle.

Thanks for all the comments. As always, I knew I could rely on you all. ;-).
    ~via BB8330 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    I would stick with BB.. But that's just me. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast