Hello all, Here is the deal. Currently I have the 8800 with Rogers Wireless. I ... General Blackberry forum

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2

Question Need Advice

Advertisement

Hello all,

Here is the deal. Currently I have the 8800 with Rogers Wireless. I need advice with regards to the new Red Curve. I am planning to switch my phone. What do you guys think of the Curve compared to the 8800? Do you think I should get it? Post your comments and thoughts. Very much appreciated.

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Depends if your happy with the form factor of the 8800 and the lack of camera on the 8800.
    What i would say is that I prefer the keyboard on the Curve and i think that is the view of the majority of full QWERTY BlackBerry users, the keys are more rounded and have a smoother feel to them.
    Also the form factor is more 'ergonomic'. The first reaction of someone picking up an 8800 and a Curve at the same time is that the 8800 just feels a lot bigger even though physically its not that different!
    The benefits of a camera are obviousm not only emailing photos but uploading to Facebook and the forthcoming Picasa app as well!!
    Bottom line is - its up to you!!!
    Hope that helps?

PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Thanks for your advice Ben. Will take it into consideration. Besides the obvious of not having the camera, are there any difference in terms of the OS? The functionality of the curve compared to the 8800 ie more durable than the 8800. What are your thoughts on that?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i didn't use my 8800 extensively before paying it forward to a new owner, but i will say the curve keyboard is a lot better than the 8800. easier to use. also, the curve seems to be quite a bit lighter in weight.

PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Being a crackberry, I have my BB everywhere I go. Pretty much, it is an extension from my body. Any comparison to the rigidity on both unit. I am anal about having the plastic scratch on my device. How is the wear and tear on the Curve? I don't have a single scratch on my 8800 eventhough I use it a lot.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    well...i BABY my blackberry
    THIS 8310 had a BSE on it before it was even fully charged...i also have two different cases that i use (www.vajacases.com and www.seidioonline.com)
    I use the vaja case more than the seidio hybrid, only bc its easier. but this bb does not leave the house without some sort of case on
    i prefer the size/weight of the curve vs. the 8800. believe it or not, going from the 8800 to the 8300 it almost felt as tho the 8300 was fake its so much lighter than the 8800. the keys are VERY different. i didn't like the little 'lip' on the keys from the 8800.

PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Thanks for the advice Cherri. I am so much closer to the Curve that I am prolly just gonna get it. If I don't like it then I will just give it to my brother...

PIN/ID
    ATA
    lol...what do you like so much about the 8800?

personally, i think that it is more of a corporate work horse than the curve, basically bc of the feel of its 'sturdiness' but i promise you won't be disappointed in the curve

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    You'll be pretty jazzed about the Curve, IMO. I was hesitant about switching to it from my Pearl. I really liked the form factor of the Pearl.

I've been very, very pleased with the Curve. Doesn't hurt getting a Cherri theme put on it either. (Or two, if you're so inclined...)
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

saladiro no está en línea Stack level 3
    had the 8800, the keyboard was horrible,.and i have small fingers....

I love the curve, its smaller and the kepboard is so much more responsive. you can type with one hand or two.....

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA
    i was happy when i got my 8800. it was my first BB so i was overwhelmed with all the great BB features. I agree that the keyboard is a bit tight.
    however when the curve came out i couldn't resist playing with it and eventually bought it.

Definitely don't miss the 8800.

PIN/ID
    747101D2
    thanks for all your wonderful advice. I will definately give it a try and see what I think. I guess it doesn't hurt to give it a shot. On the other hand, the only thing that will hurt will be the dough that I have to fork out for the new Curve....lol

mykeandme no está en línea Stack level 2
    For everyone I know who has had the 8800 and played with my Curve, they definitely like the Curve better. They always comment on the easier keyboard and the camera and the lighter feel. Before you buy you should go down to your local store and "play" for awhile. Until you get your hands on one you will never be sure.

PIN/ID
    747101D2
    See the problem is that I have been to the store and saw it numerous times. Played around with it and I don't have the "connection" with the phone. I guess I have to just get it. Thanks for the advice Mykeandme.