Hi, I recently downloaded a program called Numbercop for my BB Bold. For the past ... General Blackberry forum

erick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23ff9086

Mysterious blinking red led and vibration

Advertisement

Hi,

I recently downloaded a program called Numbercop for my BB Bold. For the past couple of days I have been receiving notifications, the red led and the phone vibrating. Other than the two previously mentioned alerts there are no visual notifications, like an icon or window message. The problem is, I am not sure what is triggering the notifications. I have a suspicion it is Numbercop but I am unable to confirm. Has anyone else downloaded this program and had similar experiences?

Thanks,
    The first step to curing your (Blackberry) addiction is admitting your addicted. What addiction, I don't have an addiction!!!

stonewall72 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Is there anything in your ringer profile (advanced) that you can set for this app? You should be able to turn that off.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Delete, confirm, reinstall. (Tried a battery pull already?)

JaidedFocus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    262A279E
    I think Stonewall has it right. Go to the advanced ringtone settings and you can disable to the red LED from flashing and stop the vibrating. OTherwise I would check the settings on the app itself.

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    do you have berryweather?

i noticed that when a weather advisory pops up, my phone vibrates n the led blinks...it was driving me nuts!!!!! then i figured it out and im not so freaked out no more.

if its not that, it might be another app your using ....

PIN/ID
    23ff9086
    I checked the profile and there isn't anything listed for that app. The app itself, from what I can see, does not have any preferences\settings. I did however notice I have weatherbug installed, so I disabled that in my profile. Guess I will just have to wait and see if the led flashing continues. Thank you for all of your help :-)
    The first step to curing your (Blackberry) addiction is admitting your addicted. What addiction, I don't have an addiction!!!

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Also check for TWITTER or any other 3rd party apps that are installed that may alert you to some sort of Messgae... Go into your PROFILES>NORMAL>then scroll to the bottom and see if there are any other programs listed. If there are highlight and select it from the list and choose to turn any or all notificatioins to "none"

hope that helps
    regards
    cHAd
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    How does numbercop work? I cant get anywhere with search right now, my work is blocking most of the sites with numbercop...

Have you tried your voice mail ? one of the blockers I had sent me a voice mail with the info and trace back of the call that it blocked..

I cant seem to find the faq for the program or even the makers right now, but maybe someone with full access to the internet can help you futher.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

PIN/ID
    23ff9086
    I went into my profile and disable all the notifications for Weatherbug, that seemed to fix the issue. As for how Number cop works, I haven't had much time to play around with it. Thanks everyone for your replies.