Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i have the blackberry pearl for cingular and ever time i go on myspace it ... General Blackberry forum

rolexx585 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile myspace on pearl

Advertisement

i have the blackberry pearl for cingular and ever time i go on myspace it shows that i have new everything besides getting opera mini is there any other way 2 get it to work fine????

wordthenerd Guest

Re: myspace on pearl

No.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BRockNYLA no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240485e9

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I think you can do with on the opera mini browser.

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

What do you mean by new everything? Messages? Opera mini is the best way to view myspace pages. However, neither browser allows you to do any kind of editing on your page. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

On your BB browser ... Change the emulation mode to Netscape and it works just fine. I've updated my profile pics and changed my top 24 using my Pearl.

Btw.
    www.myspace.com/mcm180

PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    Well, I switched emulations, just to give it a try. And, as I suspected, it didn't work. The top friends edit is based on flash, which bb doesn't support, no matter which emulation you use. Who's your carrier?

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

Tmobile
    Hmm.
    Maybe it was thru opera-mini. ... Not sure. But the best emulation mode to view myspace if you're gonna use the BB browser if the Netscape emulation mode.

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

As mysmyrrh said earlier there's no way to work around that issue through the bb browser no matter what's in your configs. At least not for right now. Myspace is a flash heavy sight so its really hard for the bb browser to understand a lot of what's going on with the content of those pages. (notice you MIGHT get an error message when you go from your home page to your inbox)

Eventhough opera is a great browser in these times when the bb browser just can't cut it, opera can't even pull a lot of the flash content. To be truthful with you I don't know any mobile devices that can at this point. But to answer your question opera mini is the best thing to use to view myspace. I hope I was able to help

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

Oh and btw stop by my music page if you like hip hop

www.myspace.com/royalcourtent

wordthenerd Guest

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

The problem I'm having is I can't access groups, it gives me an error message, plus I'm not able to reply to someone's email message to me.

Anyway around those issues?

PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Quote Originally Posted by TanBucsFan
    The problem I'm having is I can't access groups, it gives me an error message, plus I'm not able to reply to someone's email message to me.

Anyway around those issues?
    you need to use the Operamini browser to do those things. The bb browser just can't handle myspace. I do all of my myspace stuff with Opera, except, of course, for any editing.

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by mysmyrrh
    you need to use the Operamini browser to do those things. The bb browser just can't handle myspace. I do all of my myspace stuff with Opera, except, of course, for any editing.
    Really, thanks I'll have to try that...first I have to figure out how to use the Operamini browser...which I'm sure has like 50 threads on here telling us how to use it, I just have to find one of them lol.

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me

I finaly installed opera mini 3.1 and set up my myspace and edited my profile and other things that's the only way as the oe browser is the worst part
    Of the berry! And if you have an earlier version of opera it won't work at all... This was a
    Mission for me to do as my children live thousands of miles
    Away and this alows me to stay current with their lives from afar from my almost worthless berry
    Heywood J

PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    The only thing you can't edit using opera or your bb browser is your top friends. The drag and drop app. It's flash, so isn't supported.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast