Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. With VAD now coming on the devices, how about a program where you can ... General Blackberry forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

My suggestions for RIM

Advertisement

1. With VAD now coming on the devices, how about a program where you can have your password set by your voice. I know it's possible, so let's see it. Then you can have either easy or double security. You can put your password in, then your device could ask for the audio password and then unlock it's device. On the flip side of that I would like to see a security program made for touch screen devices (Not that RIM will ever make one), but a program that allows you to lock your device, then to unlock, you put your thumb on the screen and it scans your thumbprint to unlock the device.

2. 3G devices...It's coming, so no need to go in great depth.

3. Ability for the BlackBerry Media Player to play windows media and real player files, rather than having to convert videos before you can put them onto a device and play them.

4. The ax'ing of all SureType devices from the RIM line. Hahahaha...Sorry...Personal preference. I hate SureType...Sorry.

5. More Voice Commands on future devices.

6. The data counter mentioned above is a very good idea.

That's all I can think of for now.

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Re: My suggestions for RIM

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    4. The ax'ing of all SureType devices from the RIM line. Hahahaha...Sorry...Personal preference. I hate SureType...Sorry.
    I know you said personal preference - but NO WAY!! i LOVE suretype!

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

The real question is, are you ready to PAY for the technology that you demand?

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer
    YES
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Well, glad you can but most of the public can't/won't pay 1000$ for a cellphone :P

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me

~via BB 7520~
    (Quote) The real question is, are you ready to PAY for the technology that you demand?

That's not a valid question we are already paying a lot now that should cover the cost related to keeping the devices current and Stay competitive in the market.
    That said demand your dollars worth! why pay top dollar just to own a less functional device? I won't buy another black berry untill its as good as the palms
    Platform or windows mobile even with the bugs, it still a better
    Device and looking better every day. Don't get me wrong ilove my berry Ijust want it to function
    As well as the competitions many units. And it seems that rim is behind the curve. So get on the ball and supply us with what we
    Originaly payed for and never got. Heywood J

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

The day this happens I will ditch BB forever.

beckaboojm no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E6FCEE

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer
    I will.......within reason

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

I agree Larry. I would be willing to pay 400 or 500 for a Blackberry if it had all the features I wanted. I really love a lot of N8's ideas! What's amazing is we're not that far off from a lot of those, in the grand scheme of things.

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ And here I am with the most immature suggestion: How about a signature for outgoing sms messages? Lol.

kmwittko no está en línea Stack level 1

All of these suggestions (streaming video, wifi, >mem, G3, alarm) are nice, but the most important thing is polishing the user interface. Unless full advantage is taken of the keyboard (and the more open architecture), the BlackBerry will not survive the iPhone.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Well I agree that the UI needs improvement, the iPhone will not kill the Blackberry. It might slow RIM's marketshare growth in the consumer market somewhat. But the iPhone will never touch corporate and government accounts, which are 4 or 5 million users, minimum.

patricklgv no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm probably the only person in the world who thinks that the HP 200LX dos operated handheld was the greatest ever, even though I no longer own one and am satisfied with my BB 8700 in all ways but one: the one in which the HP 200LX was superior. I'm referring to its ample keyboard, with plenty of space between keys. I could type 40 wpm without mistakes on it. It was a clambshell format, that fit easily into the back pocket of my jeans or jacket pocket. OK, it was bigger than the BB, but the ability to type easily and painlessly was very much worth the larger size.

For guys with big hands, the BB is simply too small. Instead of going to in the Pearl direction, I say, make a bigger BB with a more ample keyboard and a nice big screen!! With modern materials there's no reason it has to be heavy or bulky.

That's my 2 cents' worth.

Patrick

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

This is why I'm excited by the space between the keys in the photo
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast