I just broke my 8310 I've had it since it was beta. I finally finished ... General Blackberry forum

sTYZ no está en línea Stack level 2

My poor 8310

Advertisement

I just broke my 8310 I've had it since it was beta. I finally finished it off :'(

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    What happened to it? Maybe we can help.

I dropped it getting out of the car and i didnt know and then i picked it up and the pearl parts came out and the ring had broken tabs but i got that fixed. Then i dropped it again when it wasnt in the case. Put it back together and now the screen doesnt work at all.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Call AT&T and see what they say (but DON'T tell them you dropped it or you will be charged heftily for it). They should be able to send you a replacement after troubleshooting.

I had this happen about 3 years ago with a 7100t that had been dropped (resulting in a scratched screen) but that wasn't the only problem. The internal radio stopped working (aka NO SIGNAL) and the power button had become defective (I could no longer turn the phone on or off using the button and had to use the icon on the home screen). Only thing I mentioned were the signal and power button issues.

After an address misunderstanding that led to a THIRD unit being shipped out (I got the second unit 4 months after I needed it and sent it back), I had my phone replaced 10 days after the original incident.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 04-10-2008 at 10:56 PM.

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wow that was hard to hear. I hope they can do something to help you.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I actually didnt buy it from a store so i dont think they are going to help much. I guess it's a new phone for me.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Boooo I always get my Blackberries at discount prices outside of stores. I guess I should be careful because if something bad happens to it, I don't have any warranty. Sorry for your loss sTYZ but thanks for giving me a wake up call to be cautious

yes do be careful, it was only dropped about 2 feet off the ground.