Any reason behind this? Is it possible that it's because my phone is running out ... General Blackberry forum

Gigamaster89 no está en línea Stack level 3

My phone log and my activity log got erased.

Advertisement

Any reason behind this? Is it possible that it's because my phone is running out of memory? Or that I removed the memory card recently?

Pearl 8120

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Check your memory, giga. Sounds like it's pretty low.

Options>Status

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    This happens to me all the time, but I do alot of app testing and webbrowseing, but sometimes I just forget to reboot every once in a while. Better to try and keep above 1mb of space free on your phone (internal memory)
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Yeah, it is pretty low, how much memory should be set aside just for that? I'm using my MicroSD for something else right now and another one is on it's way.

Guessing I can't recover the lost info anymore.

toddone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I just checked my free space and it says 30532873 Bytes
    Is that a good amount to stay away from the mem leak issue?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    30mb is awesome, toddone. Really anything above 10mb you should feel safe, I would think.

Sounds like gigamaster is way below that, however.

Start by clearing your event log......hold the left Alt key, then press L G L G. That brings up the event log. Press the BB menu button (directly to the left of the trackball), scroll down to Clear Log and select that.

Next, clear your phone logs......open any messages folder, hit the BB menu button, scroll down to View Folder and select. Scroll down to Phone Call ogs and select. Scroll to the very top of the screen, press the BB menu button, then scroll to Delete Prior and select that. This will clear your call logs.

The above two items should free up a lot of space, but there are many other things you can do to free up memory. Do a battery pull after those two and then let us know how much file free you have left.

Good night!

Thanks for the advice.

The thing is however, I WANT to keep my logs and what not, that's partly why I asked in the first place