At work today my co-worker thought he would be funny by bumping into my shoulder ... General Blackberry forum

Jimmy Burns no está en línea Stack level 1

My Pearls Dead???

Advertisement

At work today my co-worker thought he would be funny by bumping into my shoulder as I walked by while I'm surfing on my phone, needless to say the phone hit the ground hard. The battery cover flew off and the screen went two shades of blue with a parting line seperating the two colors. I figured I would do a battery pull to see if everything would return to normal, with no luck. Now the phone does absolutely nothing, not even a service light! Does anybody know where to get this repaired or is it even worth repairing cost wise? I'm just trying to save him some money because I'm certainly not going pay for it.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated, Jimmy

waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C43423

Re: My Pearls Dead???

I would ask rim how much to fix it. Then go to work and report to your boss of how much the gentleman owes you for his horse play. I hate when people do stupid stuff like what he did. It would cause a fight if somebody did that exact thing to me.

aimeekelley no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~it would of taken a lot for me not rip the guy a new one. I can't live witout my BB! It is like, my EVERYTHING!

Waldog, can you tell me the contact info for repairs through Rim? My co-worker isn't trying to get out of it, so I'm trying to be helpful by getting it fixed versus him coughing up $350 plus tax to replace it.

thanks, Jimmy

waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C43423

I never had to contact them myself, but this page may help you man. http://na.blackberry.com/eng/contact/
    If that don't help, you may contact your provider and see if they can help you in replacing/fixing it.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

After searching through their site it lloks like I'm going to have to call T-Mobile. When I went into one of their stores I wasn't given much help, other than confirming that it's dead.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Sorry to hear this Jimmy your co-workers' sense of humor seriously sucks. I hope he does pay and if you can't get it repaired in timely manner, he should buy you a new one. This will teach him to clown around with you again!
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

I got the replacement Pearl yesterday, my co-worker bought it without as much as bitching,pissing or moaning. I guess he really new he was responsible and we're getting along fine.

Now if I could just get the new Pearl to transfer my contacts from my SIM card to the BlackBerry phonebook, I would be really happy!