hi, i've had my blackberry pearl for about a year. every so often i forget ... General Blackberry forum

shesingssirens no está en línea Stack level 1

Question My Pearl Won't Turn On! Help!!

Advertisement

hi,

i've had my blackberry pearl for about a year. every so often i forget to charge it and it dies. this happened to me yesterday, so i plugged the phone into the charger and left it to charge for an hour or so. when i came back, the phone would not turn on! all it does is flash a red light and occasionally a screen will pop up with a lightening bolt/battery icon. i've tried taking the battery AND sim card out and putting them back in again, but it still won't turn on. nothing works! i haven't dropped the phone, it hasn't been submerged in water.. nothing unusual has happened to it.. it simply stopped working. can anyone help me with this? this phone is my only means of communication!!

thanks!
    Last edited by shesingssirens; 01-30-2008 at 10:47 PM.

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8

Re: My Pearl Won't Turn On! Help!!

LithIon batteries are not supposed to be fully discharged like you "usually" do. You may have killed the battery. You'll probably have to invest in another one. Have you tried charging it overnight? That might help. But even if it comes on you should go ahead and get a second battery as I'm pretty sure the life span of your current one is nearing its end.

shesingssirens no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks for your reply.. after some further investigating on the internet (and after reading your response), it seems that indeed the battery is dead. for good. guess i won't be forgetting to charge it again. out of curiousity, do you happen to have an idea what the battery/lightening bolt icon is that i am referring to? any idea what that even means?

thanks again...

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

if your phone is below one year some providers will replace the battery for free.