Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Booooo! Hisssss! Jk. Enjoy your new Bold.... General Blackberry forum

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Booooo! Hisssss! Jk. Enjoy your new Bold.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Can't say I hate it. It feels like a totally different phone though, the icons are much bigger, so it doesn't fit as many icons onto the screen. I do not like that at all. I guess I'll get used to it, the keyboard is great though. Might have to do my own little mini review..

BamaFan2989 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask :)
    I would like to read that mini review. I think I am holding off for the Javelin, it is just best for me I believe.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    Might have to do my own little mini review..
    My request is that you use it for a week THEN write your review.
    Right now is too soon, the "halo" is still there. But after an entire week of living with it, you may feel differently.
    I know I did. My first Bold was from Rogers, I unlocked it to use on one of my AT&T lines. To keep a long story short, it was a bad phone, then I bought not one but two from AT&T, also had defects. A week later after dumping them I decided to try one more time. I now have another one from AT&T and it's excellent. No problems. I've been using it for eight days straight, all day everyday. Hundreds of emails, messages. Web surfing, you name it. I even took a day off after I got it to really put it through its paces.
    Bottom line?
    I just moved back into my Curve 8310. For the fact that it's so much better for me. More compact, everthing I need & nothing I do not. Fits in my pocket nicely (inside a sleeve case). Has great tactile feedback from the keyboard, I can type 25~50% faster. Battery life is super, browser is better, and I know it will last. The build quality is better than my excellent Bold. So I still have the Bold & will play around with it testing OS upgrades & other software. But I will NOT be using it as my "Main" BlackBerry.
    And what am I doing today? I'm going to my AT&T store to buy a shiny new Curve 8310, as I want a new one before they are discontinued for the upcoming Curve 8900. For the current sale price of only $79.99 I would be stupid not to buy a new one.
    Cheers
    sent via BlackBerry 8310 (my fav)

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I was actually contemplating purchasing another Curve 8310. I see that they are becoming more scarce as time goes on and I really am not sure when the Javelin with 3G will be available for ATT.

Not that I don't have complete faith in my Curve, but backups are never a bad idea. I figure I'll keep it in the box and then sell if I don't need it. Who knows...
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFan2989 View Post
    I am holding off for the Javelin, it is just best for me I believe.
    You are taking a very wise approach. As you can see from my prior post, I'm going to buy a new 8310 right after I complete this entry.
    For clarification, its simply because I love the Curve 8310 so much that I want a new one - so it will last as long as possible if I do not like the first of the 8900's. That said, I'm 100% sold on the 8910 second gen 3G 89xx model as it will be what the 8310 is to the 8300. A model that is fully sorted out.
    This way I can easily wait for as long as it takes RIM & AT&T to bring the 8910 3G to market. Its also a sure thing as I have personally seen the documents that show it.
    Now for the really fun part - driving to AT&T knowing exactly what I want, getting exactly that, and knowing that I'm not going to regret it..
    sent via BlackBerry Curve 8310
    Simply Brilliant !

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    I completely understand. I still find myself reaching for my Curve over the Bold.. but then again it's barely been twelve hours. I just received the unlock code and I'm about to pop it in.. I have 30 days to see if I really like this baby, if not, I'll go grab an 8310.

Most solid phone I've ever used, I'm REALLY hoping the Bold can change my mind on that, but we'll see!

I'm back from AT&T, and it's done.

I just bought a shiny new Curve 8310. It's quite an interesting feeling to be more excited over this than any other new BB I've had recently. My fresh 8310 features my new avatar of Sylvester (Thanks PDXMATTS!) which looks even better as this phone is Red.

Happy BlackBerry Hunting Stackers!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Nice Archer! Congrats!

There's nothing like a new Blackberry -- especially one that just works as you expect!
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    Nice Archer! Congrats!

There's nothing like a new Blackberry -- especially one that just works as you expect!
    Thanks mjwood0!
    I'm once again reminded that Less IS More. Speaking solely for myself & how I use a BlackBerry, the 8310 is truly the sweet spot. Due to the nature of my business & the heavy schedule I keep, having a reliable, efficient, fast smartphone is an extreme advantage. Another concept I'm reminded of is "want vs. need". As I write this it occurs to me that some of you are going to ask yourself "what's so fast about an EDGE BlackBerry ? Well my answer is that its about more than just the connection speed. Its about overall speed. "How long does it take to get a certain task done" on my BlackBerry. Thus, in the case of composing & sending a single email for example, its a matter of how many keystokes does one have to execute _besides_ writing the message. Taking into consideration the menu's & every other keystroke from start to finish, the speed of the keyboard etc. I find the 8310 to be the fastest for me. Had I not had the experiences I've had with every available BlackBerry I would not be in a position to appreciate just how good the 8310 is. Not only that, but when I look back & notice which BlackBerry I've used, compared to all the BlackBerrys I own & have to choose from, it is very telling. For the last year my device of choice as my "main device" has been the Curve 8310. The only phone of any brand or model that I've ever used continuously for more than three months. Very interesting indeed!
    sent via what? a BlackBerry Curve 8310 ...

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Very well put.

Not only is the keyboard on the 8310 exceptional for my uses, but it just works well for me. I'm sure some of this can be attributed to the fact that I'm used to it, but everything I need to do seems second nature and I can just make it happen. This is crucial to my enjoyment of a device.

While 3G and touch screens are flashy, do they make things faster?
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12