Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey stackers, it's been a while since I've posted a thread. It's 5:30 in the ... General Blackberry forum

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

My Curve is dying.. Replacement Dilemma.

Advertisement

Hey stackers, it's been a while since I've posted a thread. It's 5:30 in the morning, so bear with me here..

My trackball crapped out the other day. It isn't the trackball itself, rather, it's the little "button" underneath the housing, the one attached to the motherboard. I've tested it out by taking my trackball out and using a friends, and even pressing the "button" itself; no dice. The rolling works fine, but the clicking does not work. I have to use the ENTER button for any input.

I guess it made me realize how long I've stuck with my Curve. I've never held onto one phone long enough for it to show any problems due to.. old age. I always come back to the Curve. I don't know why.. maybe just because it's so reliable. It's not flashy, it's not "fun".. It just get's the job done.

I've been through at least 6 or 7 iPhones, including a few 3Gs. Recently bought and sold a Tmobile G1. I don't know what my problem is.

It's basically come down to this.. I need a new phone. Either I go with the G1 again.. and hope that somehow the situation improves there. Or get the G1, sell it (I have a few lines I can use to get the upgrade discount), buy an iPhone 3G and have it unlocked. I know I was never happy with them before, but Jivetalk has been released for the iPhone.. No decent AIM app on the iPhone was one of the reasons I came back to my Curve all those times.

Or.. the ideal situation would be to get a Bold. But those things are EXPENSIVE. And I know it has problems on Tmobile.. (If you have the link to the thread that details how to get the Tmobile service books onto the Bold.. feel free to link it!)

Anyways, I guess I'm just rambling a bit, but I would like to get some input. I know it's a Blackberry forum, and I've taken that into account. With that said..

What do YOU think?

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    I'm in the same boat bro. Right now i've got my pearl but she's dying and i've got a curve on the way but may still need to replace the pearl.

How about the 8900? Or even the Storm?
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Can't you just order the entire trackball assembly and replace that?
    If that's not an option, get the red Curve that TMo offers.

Sorry, but I'm not fond of either of the phones you are looking at (G1 looks like a Sidekick Slide. I think I finally outgrew my sidekick days. The iPhone looks like a flat pancake to me).

I'm in a similar situation but I'm looking to switch carriers. I'm looking at the Palm Centro or Treo Pro on Sprint.

Good luck in your decision though.

Ksea no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246bd335
    Maybe you might just get another curve. I'm very attached to my curve and you seem quite attached to yours too. Just a thought

The Storm was a maybe, but I really don't want to switch carriers. It won't matter if I replace the trackball assembly, because there's nothing wrong with the trackball. It's the little "click" receiver that's UNDER the trackball, attached to the motherboard. I like the Curve a lot, and if I had to get another one I would go with the 8310 again, unlocked for Tmo.. I use google maps / GPS daily! It's just that I don't want to spend money on something I already have, you know?

Oh, and thank you and good morning everyone.

I think.. I think I'm going to do it. Go down in an hour and a half and plunk down about 600$ after taxes and get a Blackberry Bold, straight out, come home, and order the unlock code. Then sleep, and hopefully wake up to a Bold that's ready to be unlocked.. unless anyone thinks this is a bad idea. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    I think.. I think I'm going to do it. Go down in an hour and a half and plunk down about 600$ after taxes and get a Blackberry Bold, straight out, come home, and order the unlock code. Then sleep, and hopefully wake up to a Bold that's ready to be unlocked.. unless anyone thinks this is a bad idea. Anyone?
    I do. Honestly i really don't think the Bold is worth 600 bucks. Maybe hold out for the Jav?

I know.. it's probably not worth it. But then again, I have it with me 24/7, I'm almost constantly using it. I spent much more on my laptop that I use not even half as much.

I guess I'm just making excuses now.. I've had no sleep and I really want this phone. And I'm tired of waiting for the Javelin! I was so disappointed when I learned that the November release wasn't happening.

If you really like the phone go for it. I'm actually giving you my personal opinion because i'm not feeling the Bold at all.

Thanks for the honesty, I'm seriously debating between the Bold and the iPhone right now. The iPhone is so.. shiny and fun. But the Bold really.. just works.

Again, thanks for the honest opinion. I might just change my mind once I get down there and play with a Bold.

Thanks for the honesty, I'm seriously debating between the Bold and the iPhone right now. The iPhone is so.. shiny and fun. But the Bold really.. just works.

Again, thanks for the honest opinion. I might just change my mind once I get down there and play with a Bold.
    You're welcome man. That's your best bet right there play with it see how you like it. That how i came NOT to like the Bold. I loved it until i get some serious hands on time with one. I hate that thing. Lol.

Haha well unfortunately I called AT&T and they said I could NOT buy it out of contract; This makes things much more complicated.

Haha well unfortunately I called AT&T and they said I could NOT buy it out of contract; This makes things much more complicated.
    That's fate bruh!

I know. I guess Ill just wait for now! Thanks again for the input.

Went to the Apple store. Went down to AT&T. Bought a Bold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast