Want to know if there is any kind of App to use as a workaround.... General Blackberry forum

fishrob no está en línea Stack level 1

My Company Disabled Texting on my BB

Want to know if there is any kind of App to use as a workaround.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    Google Voice comes to mind first. It doesn't go through normal SMS, but through a data plan. I would be careful however about installing anything that uses data or circumvents their admin policy. Especially if they don't have an unlimited data plan or are particular about the software on their devices.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    You might have to rely on bbm.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    Ask Me
    Although Google Talk would work and of course bbm, I would probably do as pdxmatts suggests and carry a personal bb, if IT are disabling thongs they are watching over their system big time.

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    My sisters bf had this problem. He just emailed This only works if you know the person your textings service provider.

hotfairy87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    its there 11 digit number follow by at the end that is like getting sms as an email format on their blackberry text message. it goes through as email though... so when u send for an example it would be 1(234) in the compose email address. and it comes to them as an sms text. so ur using the internet to send sms text. its the same thing as sending it from text message to an email. it has to be @ ...