I have a personally owned BB, that my employer reimburses 0% of cost of use. ... General Blackberry forum

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

My BIS living in sin with my BES?

Advertisement

I have a personally owned BB, that my employer reimburses 0% of cost of use.

Currently, I only have BIS service with my data plan. I use it for personal email/text, etc.

I have the option of requesting access to my company's BES, allowing my corporate email to push through as well.

However, our corporate security policy states that the BB will now be subject to the corporate password requirements, will have an IT coded (i.e. I can't go in to the options menu and turn it off) keylock after 30 minutes of inactivity, etc. In addition, I will be unable to use any personal email accounts, SMS, and last but not least, PIN to PIN communications. In other words, it takes away virtually all of the functionality of the BB.

My question is, will the BES security apps that get pushed through to my phone disable all of my personal email, even though that comes through the BIS? And my SMS/MMS messages? I'm not too worried about the PIN to PIN, I don't really use that too often. But I'm probably not going to request permission if I can't use my personal stuff through the BIS.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: My BIS living in sin with my BES?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ That's one of the pitfalls of using a personal device on a BES.

You most likely won't be able to use your BB email address or any other accounts setup on your BIS, to reply to emails that come to your personal accounts.

blacsnoopy no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well that sucks big time

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by blacsnoopy
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well that sucks big time
    To say the least.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Sounds like one of the more stringent IT policies for personally owned BB's on a corporate BES. Mine isn't nearly that strict. Though I must say I would love to have a 30 minute lockout. Mine is 10.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

I work for a brokerage firm. The Rules and Regs on "communications" are so broad and the oversight requirements are so onerous that most firms just say "no" to business communications (which they can control and monitor) and personal comms (which they can't) mixing on one device.

I can't log in to personal emails while logged into corporate networks. The main reason I got the BB, so I can have access to personal. Probably will not be requesting the corporate access on my BB so I can keep the personal stuff.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

It really depends on the IT policies that your company chooses to enforce. They can restrict all of that if they choose to. If you don't want to be subject to the IT policies then don't place your BB on their BES (let them issue one if they feel you need one).

youralgebra no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F7601B

If you want your corporate email on your bb, maybe try setting up a forwarding rule in Outlook. Forward a copy of each message to one of your personal email addresses on the handheld. Less messy if you create that rule from the Exchange server though.