Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wow. Just wow. Go buy any point and shoot camera for $49 (much cheaper than ... General Blackberry forum

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Advertisement

Wow. Just wow.

Go buy any point and shoot camera for $49 (much cheaper than a Blackberry) and you can turn the shutter sound off. I don't see any reason to get worked up over this thread.

fleshka no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    Wow. Just wow.

Go buy any point and shoot camera for $49 (much cheaper than a Blackberry) and you can turn the shutter sound off. I don't see any reason to get worked up over this thread.
    you know what, that is a great suggestion but i can say the same thing about a lot of bb features.

HEY YOU WANT EMAIL, GO TO YOUR COMPUTER!!! you don't need a phone to check email.

hey you need a calendar? go hang one on your wall or carry an organizer.

fact is, you paid for this product. it touts all these lil features. unfortunately, this feature so far is disappointing especially when every person with a nokia, motorola, and lg out there can shut the camera sound off. fact is, i dont wanna have to carry a camera around in my pocket with my cell phone. the whole point of these phones is it lets you consolidate into one device. i think many others here would agree.

drice30721 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20EF37F6
    [quote=mattdoucet;671671]This thread should be deleted. There is only one use for this and its illegal. dude chill out. Is it really that serious dude! Lol

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fleshka View Post
    you know what, that is a great suggestion but i can say the same thing about a lot of bb features.

HEY YOU WANT EMAIL, GO TO YOUR COMPUTER!!! you don't need a phone to check email.

hey you need a calendar? go hang one on your wall or carry an organizer.

fact is, you paid for this product. it touts all these lil features. unfortunately, this feature so far is disappointing especially when every person with a nokia, motorola, and lg out there can shut the camera sound off. fact is, i dont wanna have to carry a camera around in my pocket with my cell phone. the whole point of these phones is it lets you consolidate into one device. i think many others here would agree.
    Whoa, gear down turbo....

First of all, my comment was more meant for matt saying that turning the shutter sound off was only meant for illegal reasons.

I can understand why you want to consolidate, but I disagree that is the point of a Blackberry. Any Smartphone can do that. You must remember, the Blackberry was designed for corporate America, with security in mind, which it has been EXTREMELY successful at achieving. Cameras violate most security policies. Although the camera feature is desirable on a consumer level, it has been incorporated into certain Blackberries to accommodate the average consumer.

If you don't like the fact that the Blackberry doesn't give you the choice to turn off the shutter sound, go buy a Nokia, and I'll welcome you back in a week with open arms.
    Last edited by MotoUp; 03-27-2008 at 12:18 AM.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by blackman711 View Post
    I'm with you Kyo0tdemon. We gotta look out for the young ladies in the locker rooms.
    Haha, young ladies? Lol, I was talking about the ladies locker room at the gym, but same idea. Lol.

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It's set like that because of where the phone is produced. Maybe in the next os update it will have an option?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrykku27 View Post

It's set like that because of where the phone is produced. Maybe in the next os update it will have an option?
    An option to turn the shutter sound off? I doubt that. Our devices are produced in Mexico and Canada, I don't know if they have the same camera phone laws the U.S. has, and it doesn't seem like an OS thing 'cause my OS is from Singapore and you still don't get this option.
    Last edited by DCookSta; 03-27-2008 at 12:59 PM.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

This is just the funniest topic. Comes up every few months.

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I could care less either way. But it is funny how this topic gets people allll worked up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12