Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to mute the camera noise - will work on most cell phones at least ... General Blackberry forum

boosted03 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e2f95

How to mute the camera noise - will work on most cell phones .

Advertisement

How to mute the camera noise - will work on most cell phones at least most phones that allow a phone call and camera running at the same time .

This will work without and with a headset and or BT headset .

Start a phone call , mute or lower the volume all the way . Start you camera and take a pic and the camera noise will not be heard . This has worked on all of my BB's with a cam and my S/E w800 .

mattdoucet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301CB12F
    This thread should be deleted. There is only one use for this and its illegal. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Not that I care about this feature but I was just wondering how and why it would be illegal?

3CISS no está en línea Stack level 2

Illegal?

Stating that the 'only' use of this is illegal makes you sound like an extremist. I'm sorry, but there are many uses that are legal and appropriate, such as a wedding, or taking pictures of your newborn child while they are 'sleeping'. I'd rather not produce a list of 1,000 reasons why this is not illegal, but hopefully you can use common sense (which is harder to find these days). If your mind simply thinks of illegal uses, then I'd say you might have those tendencies yourself.
    r00ted MT4G
    CBC

Helpful links
    UMA setup guide |

fleshka no está en línea Stack level 3
    i take pictures of my cats together when they sleeping etc. the friggin camera sound ruins the pictures b/c the cats are like "Wtf is that?" and either wake up or move.

SUCKS!!!!!!

there needs to be a way to disable this damn feature. every cellphone out there lets you disable it except for the damn BB.

PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quote Originally Posted by 3CISS View Post
    Stating that the 'only' use of this is illegal makes you sound like an extremist. I'm sorry, but there are many uses that are legal and appropriate, such as a wedding, or taking pictures of your newborn child while they are 'sleeping'. I'd rather not produce a list of 1,000 reasons why this is not illegal, but hopefully you can use common sense (which is harder to find these days). If your mind simply thinks of illegal uses, then I'd say you might have those tendencies yourself.
    HAHA well said! I was thinking the same thing as a newborn baby sleeping.
    Thanks for the info boosted03

kayakpoo no está en línea Stack level 1

Question

My bb comes tomorrow, people have mentioned this before ... is it really that annoying ?

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by kayakpoo View Post
    My bb comes tomorrow, people have mentioned this before ... is it really that annoying ?
    It can be sometimes.
    As of yet there's no proper way to disable the noise though. And as far as I know, having a silent camera phone is only illegal in some places like Japan and Korea.

kayakpoo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Maybe just cough at the same time. How come my picure I uploaded on my profile doesn't come up on replies?

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by mattdoucet View Post
    This thread should be deleted. There is only one use for this and its illegal. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    LOL. That was extreme. I bet you don't speed either!

SiNJiN no está en línea Stack level 2
    Nice trick. Never thought of that. Time to take a trip to the local stri....uh...never mind!

tmdavies01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    hahaa +1

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    I think that if you use the camera for the right reasons, then it's okay. For instance, sneaking up on cats, dogs, critters, etc. and taking adorable pictures of them. I mean, people who don't have bb's have the option of muting their shutters, so why not? Well, I would be very pissed if someone called someone else, lowered the volume and then brought their bb into the girls' locker room. So there, I think it's justified!

blackman711 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I'm with you Kyo0tdemon. We gotta look out for the young ladies in the locker rooms.

PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Poor ladies in locker rooms, I agree. But it's not illegal... just highly perverted!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast