is there any programs for the blackberry that is like the shazam app for the ... General Blackberry forum

forgot2wipe no está en línea Stack level 2

music recongnition?

Advertisement

is there any programs for the blackberry that is like the shazam app for the iphone that can recognize music and give you the artist, name of the song, and the album that its from?

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ATT has a program like that...dont know if you have to pay for it though.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

do you know if tmobile has anything like that

PIN/ID
    No clue---I haven't had a BB on tmo...come to think about it...I think I was with TMO like....five years ago...so I dont know what they have anymore, sorry
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

thanks

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    What program do you use for ripping cds? For me, I use Windows Media Player. Reason being is that it finds the art work for me and names everything (like any other), except that it saves the artwork in the file folder with the music. Then I just open up the actual folder in Explorer and drag it to the BB Music folder. All artwork then shows up. Works pretty slick.

PIN/ID
    THe program he's talking about "hears" a song and tells you what it is.

swalker2001 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2461c562
    Nobex Radio Companion will tell you without even having to "hear" the song. Just select the radio station and see what's playing including the last several songs. See the lyrics and album art too.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by swalker2001 View Post
    Nobex Radio Companion will tell you without even having to "hear" the song. Just select the radio station and see what's playing including the last several songs. See the lyrics and album art too.

I'm not sure that's the effect the op was going for. I believe they are looking for a blackberry version of shazam (on iphone). If you are out and about, in the mall, car, friends house and you hear a song... the program will record a sample, upload to a server and compare with songs it knows and send back info equivalent to id3v2 and info where/how to buy.

k0pper no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have an iphone I play around with sometimes and the shazam app (there are also a couple other similar apps in the app store) is the one thing the iphone has that I really miss when using my bb. Basically you hear a song playing anywhere and you want to know what it is, so you open shazam it records a couple seconds of the song and in about 10 seconds you know the song title, artist, album, and see the album art. Its even pretty fast over edge.

I found a post on another forum from a bb owner that said he contacted shazam and they are in the process of porting the app to bbs. So hopefully pretty soon we'll have this app.

Not sure if it will be free or not. Its free on the iphone bc after you get the song info it can then send you to the itunes app to buy the song, so apple may be subsidizing the app.

Either way ill be getting it as soon as its out for berries.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Sign me up!

Shazam is the best application on the iPhone. Not really useful for daily use. Ideal for parties, clubs, car radio etc.

But not an application I would use daily.

If it gets released for the BlackBerry Platform, I would get it