Hi Everyone! I am going to be providing email tech support via my 8100 Pearl ... General Blackberry forum

swoop no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B99A7

Multiple Email Signatures on BB?

Advertisement

Hi Everyone!

I am going to be providing email tech support via my 8100 Pearl and want to be able to use an email signature that would be from a choice of 20-30 signatures. This is the way I do it now from my desktop so that I can start with a "canned" email (the signature), and then go in and edit it with some personalization.

Right now I use the web email setup but could use the Enterprise Server email if it would make a difference and didn't cost much more a month from T-Mobile.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks so much,
    Swoop

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Re: Multiple Email Signatures on BB?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    There is actually an application at Handango.com call berrysignatures which does what you want I believe.
    Give that a try.
    Thanks for visiting!

PIN/ID
    204B99A7
    Awesome! I will check that application out.

Thanks,
    Swoop

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Yikes!

Don't buy a program!

Use AutoText!

I have several signatures set up on my 7130g. I find it easiest to start with &, as it's a fairly simple type pattern to do ALT -> SYM -> AS (which is '&').

For example: &work is my standard work signature.

Just a suggestion.

PIN/ID
    204B99A7

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis

Yikes!

Don't buy a program!

Use AutoText! ...
    Thanks Lewis! I am glad I waited! I will play with that and see how much text I can fill into one AutoText setting.

I wonder if I can make it html format and include my logo and formatted text...

Anywho - Lewis you are the man!

PIN/ID
    204B99A7

The autotext worked perfectly! The html formatting didn't work for any of the markup tags like b, em, or the a_href. It didn't even pick up the link which I tested as both an a_href and as the link spelled out, which usually gly one of those two gets transformed into a link inside even an rtf email.

Does anyone know if html formatting is a possibility in Blackberry sent emails? Can I switch over to BES even if I don't work for a corporation? Can I do it without using the BES plan that T-Mobile says you need for it (for an extra $10 a month)? I could set up my own exchange server if I had to...

Any guidance is much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Swoop

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Html in BlackBerry email is a no go. Receiving or sending, it's just text. And besides, all email is actually just text. It is the receiving client which renders the html.

The thing about html and BlackBerry is that html can be malicious when rendered. That's why it's not rendered.

Why is data priced in tiers based upon what service you're using? I would like to know. In Canada, BB data is priced regardless of whether you use BIS, BES, or both.

If you are so inclined, you could host your own mail server and BES. There are also numerous paid services for hosted BES available as well.

PIN/ID
    204B99A7

T-mobile charges me a monthly rate of $39.99 (US) for 1000 minutes and then they require a BlackBerry add-on for unlimited data and emails, which is $19.99. This does NOT include IM messaging, unless using the BB Messenger. If you use BES, then you have to pay $29.99 for that instead of $19.99 for BIW email.

Is there any reason/advantage to have BES over standard BIW email?

Thanks-Swoop

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by swoop
    This does NOT include IM messaging, unless using the BB Messenger.
    Actually, it does not include SMS. Whether or not an IM app uses SMS or not depends on the app itself.

Quote Originally Posted by swoop
    Is there any reason/advantage to have BES over standard BIW email?
    No, they just charge more for the fun of it.

Seriiously, there are a number of advantages. I recommend reading the FAQ at Blackberry Forums to see if BES would be of any use to you. If there any FAQ's here they might have the same information...

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

BES means Blackberry enterprise server which use a server that can control access on your blackberry

BIS means Blackberry internet service which use inter to "push" the e-mail to your device

PIN/ID
    204B99A7

Thanks for the information and clarification guys. Yes SMS is extra, not IM'ing necessarily.

I will check out the FAQ for further info on BES.

Take care,
    Swoop

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

Even with the favourable (to us Brits) exchange rate just now, we are amazed at the deals you guys get Stateside. Whatever about the voice rates, data access in the UK costs FROM Ł15 per month for BIS dependent on usage. Maybe the influx of fashionistas wanting the pearl will drive up usage and reduce rates