Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by patcatuk ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I doubt tabbed browsing will be available for ... General Blackberry forum

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Re: Multiple browser instances

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by patcatuk
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I doubt tabbed browsing will be available for current devices. The hardwares probably not powerful enough and 64mb is certainly not enough.

If it was possible someone would have written one and sold millions by now.

My guess the soonest is when the new devices with os5 come out. Hopefully with more ram!
    This is a java environment. The Curve has 16mb of ram and 64 mb of Rom btw.

I mean you can have over 5 or 6 programs open on the curve, but cant have 3 or 4 tabs in a broswer???? A average page loaded on a blackberry is about 50 k, times 5(tabs) is 250 k. And the overhead for the program is already included in the rom. So out of a possible 16 mb ram, your using 1.5 percent of the memory.

In windows mobile yes that would tax the memory but not the BB.
    Last edited by tdawg; 09-23-2007 at 08:27 PM.
    BB8900 is mine!

PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by patcatuk
    I saw that tabbed browser screenshot on boygenius. No other details on what device it was on. I think there were 5 tabs being used.
    the pearl2 .................
    BB8900 is mine!

PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...owser_due.html

here are a couple of links talking about it.

Compare with the links above and this link to somone having OS 4.3 http://www.blackberryforums.com/atta...-bbscreen5.jpg
    BB8900 is mine!

ljbad4life no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com

I was just thinking that I would want tabbed browsing. The screenshots looks promising; so here's hoping!

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d_tonight.html

Cool!

avanderlinde no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    SECRET

I see the links above do show what appears to be tabbed browser but how well will it work? The current specs of even the newest blackberries can not handle to load of multiple tabs open at the same time? It will take a lot of cpu power as well as more memory to make this feature function well. A perfect example are the new blackberry curves with WIFI being sold which for some reason can not seem to do any better than a regular curve using EDGE. See video on the Boy Genius Report website where they clearly test this. Sorry I don't recall the exact URL but when I saw this I was really disapointed ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by avanderlinde
    I see the links above do show what appears to be tabbed browser but how well will it work? The current specs of even the newest blackberries can not handle to load of multiple tabs open at the same time? It will take a lot of cpu power as well as more memory to make this feature function well. A perfect example are the new blackberry curves with WIFI being sold which for some reason can not seem to do any better than a regular curve using EDGE. See video on the Boy Genius Report website where they clearly test this. Sorry I don't recall the exact URL but when I saw this I was really disapointed ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Here is the link you were talking about. http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/...ge-speed-test/

PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by avanderlinde
    Tab browsing has nothing to do with CPU cycles, its about random access memory in a java evironment and guess what, the Pearl 2 has tab browsing and video record with the same 312 mhz cpu
    BB8900 is mine!

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Has anyone heard any more about tabbed browsing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12