Is there any app or way to send/receive e-mail from my MSN accounts? If so, ... General Blackberry forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

MSN and Hotmail

Advertisement

Is there any app or way to send/receive e-mail from my MSN accounts? If so, what? Thanks so much

fletchdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c42031

Re: MSN and Hotmail

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Msn charges a fee to allow email forwarding.

I do remember seeing a prog on the download list here that claims to allow msn email forwarding without paying... I don't know anything additional about it though.

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

There is no fee that I pay and I forward just fine

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

so your able to get hotmail messages forwarded to your bb automaitcally without having to pay?

penk no está en línea Stack level 3

this is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by bcbbanga4l
    so your able to get hotmail messages forwarded to your bb automaitcally without having to pay?
    i just logged in to Live and under Options it now shows "Forward mail to another e-mail account" under the Manage your account header. clicking through it has a Forward/Don't forward selection and states "You can forward your mail to one other e-mail address.".

previously, this ability was available only for legacy hotmail users and those who opted to pay the premium annual fee. since i'm on t-mo BIS my hotmail is grabbed without issue, so i haven't and likely won't try this, but someone else is more than welcome to have a go!

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Can you explain the last comment? Are you saying that you don't have an old address, don't pay for the premium service and are able to get your hotmail through the Tmo BIS?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by nmadd
    Can you explain the last comment? Are you saying that you don't have an old address, don't pay for the premium service and are able to get your hotmail through the Tmo BIS?
    gladly.

my address was originally created in 1998, but is not considered "legacy". i have never paid, and do not currently pay, for any premium email services.

i have never had the ability or option to forward my hotmail prior to this date.

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

I see. Thanks for the explanation. I don't even have a hotmail address but was just curious.

Another curiousity: Any idea what date your address must have been created in order to accomplish this?

i've never heard of a specific date, and a cursory search didn't reveal anything, although the wiki still had an interesting read. but it is the wiki, so have your salt shaker at hand.

i created my hotmail account shortly after MSN purchased and rebranded. i've never been able to forward (until now), but i've always been able to access it through Outlook, which seems to contradict some of the wiki's general facts.

fletchdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c42031

my msn email only allows an option to forward to another msn or hotmail account. thats basically worthless to me.

kaleb101 no está en línea Stack level 2

When we had an outage a few weeks ago when i called verizon about the outage they said it was due to upgrading the MSN servers. And the tech told me it would be possible that soon we could use hotmail for our blackberries then again the next person i ask denied it. Still it would be nice if it was possible.

darkasknight no está en línea Stack level 1

Yeah same here

I'm using the Window's Live Hotmail Account

"You're only able to forward mail to a custom domain or an e-mail address that ends in hotmail.com, msn.com, or live.com. Please try again"

Completely worthless.. oh well
    Addicted To Crackberry

jmgarza no está en línea Stack level 2

i get my hotmail acct forwarded to my BB without any problems. I have had my hotmail acct since 1995.
    J.M.Garza
    8130 - 8310