please Oh Please does anyone know how to get MSN emials direct to my Blackberry??? ... General Blackberry forum

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822

Msn ?!?!?!?!

Advertisement

please Oh Please does anyone know how to get MSN emials direct to my Blackberry??? Its driving my crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Msn ?!?!?!?!

isn't it supported at your carrier.blackberry.com site?

Login at the pages, register if not, setup email there.

PIN/ID
    256c5822

I've logged onto Blackberry services but it can't setup my MSN address. Every other e mail addresses works perfect
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

crackberryguru no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by stuart B View Post
    please Oh Please does anyone know how to get MSN emials direct to my Blackberry??? Its driving my crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ok here is where u problem lies usual email servers use POP to send and recieve... HOTMAIL/MSN is not one of those servers... and since RIM uses POP it can't talk directly to the HOTMAIL/MSN servers it needs to use a third party way of routing which comes in the form of OUTLOOK the only issues with outlook is that if your HOTMAIL/MSN account is a young account like maybe 4 years or younger you will have to pay for microsoft to route your emails to your outlook folder, but once your HOTMAIL/MSN account is configured to use outlook then you can add the email account to you bb email service and you will be on your way...

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

I have msn and don't use outlook and I get my mail on my pearl. I didn't do anything special to get it running though. Its not a free hotmail account though its through Qwest msn which is my ISP.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by crackberryguru View Post
    Ok here is where u problem lies usual email servers use POP to send and recieve... HOTMAIL/MSN is not one of those servers... and since RIM uses POP it can't talk directly to the HOTMAIL/MSN servers it needs to use a third party way of routing which comes in the form of OUTLOOK the only issues with outlook is that if your HOTMAIL/MSN account is a young account like maybe 4 years or younger you will have to pay for microsoft to route your emails to your outlook folder, but once your HOTMAIL/MSN account is configured to use outlook then you can add the email account to you bb email service and you will be on your way...
    True, when you mention it, I remember hotmail only giving pop3 access when service is payed for.

Another reason to go to gmail

boosted03 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e2f95

It all depends on how old you msn account is . Another option if msn won't go directly is a program called getmail it's free . You can find it through google . You just need to run your ( or any computer you put getmail on ) all the time .

PIN/ID
    256c5822

The mad part of it is that ive got Yahoo,Aim,Google accounts. Recently gone into business partnership with a guy that has setup his internet accounts (before i was involved) with MSN. Part of the problem is resolved by the fact that ive got JiveTalk so communication between us is easy, but i want to direct all emails to blackberry.

I think the easiest way to resolve this is to alter that e mail address of the company LOL but thanks to all

boosted03 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e2f95

Getting the "getmail " program would be easier if you leave the compter on all the time . The setup for getmail is alot easier then changing the emails address .

mrwalleyeman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243ea07a

i got my msn email setup on my bb the only thing i dont have is all the folders i set up i just get my new messages. i would love to be able to get all my folders on it though
    Fishing isnt a matter of life and
    death its much more important