Finally got the Mrs. To switch from palm to BB so we will now have ... General Blackberry forum

stixx no está en línea Stack level 2

Mrs finally joins BB

Advertisement

Finally got the Mrs. To switch from palm to BB so we will now have 2 bb in the same household. My question is will deskmanger create seperate folders for each phone when syncing and is their anything else I need to be made aware of to ensure she has an enjoyable bb exprience? Thanks

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    yes, but you still have to load BOTH the 8330 and her device's OS onto your PC(if its different than yours). I have an 8310 and an 8100, and my PC recognizes both when connected to the DTM

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Tell the Mrs she made an awesome leap. She's going to love her berry. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have 2 bbs on one computer....I gave my 8130 pearl to my son when I upgraded to my 8330 curve. The DM recognizes the different PIN numbers but for me it didn't automatically form a separate folder for the new BB....all the apps for both devices are together...I just know which ones are for which device....idk if there is a way to separate them.....I haven't really tried.

One bit of advice, when you do a backup, the file names are dates so you can't tell which device the backup is for just by looking at file names. Now when I backup my curve I add the word curve to the file name so if I go to the folder with the backups I know ones with dates only are for the pearl and mine are the ones with curve in the file name.

I got my 1st Blackberry just this past Christmas....since then I have converted my mom, dad, and son all to BBs

So far they love them....except my son who want to switch to AT&T for a iPhone.....but that's not gonna happen unless he gets a job, buys his own phone, and pays for his own plan

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Anela808 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    4M32KN0W
    congrats, no more dirty looks for constantly sending texts and bbms bcuz she'll be doing it too! lol.

mrs. stixx, welcome and enjoy!!

stixx no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well I set up seperate folders for each pin. thanks for the input

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    You can either use separate folders for each device(we now have 3 in my house) or you can go to the trouble of renaming each backup, etc. I hope this helps and feel free to email me with other issues around this, been doing this for months now!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I have 2 bbs on one computer....I gave my 8130 pearl to my son when I upgraded to my 8330 curve. The DM recognizes the different PIN numbers but for me it didn't automatically form a separate folder for the new BB....all the apps for both devices are together...I just know which ones are for which device....idk if there is a way to separate them.....I haven't really tried.

One bit of advice, when you do a backup, the file names are dates so you can't tell which device the backup is for just by looking at file names. Now when I backup my curve I add the word curve to the file name so if I go to the folder with the backups I know ones with dates only are for the pearl and mine are the ones with curve in the file name.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I do this with my BB's also. I have a 7100t, 7730, 8100 and an 8120 all on the same PC. I just put the model number in front of the backup to tell them apart. Hope this helps.

mikemunoz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2451368F
    A CONVERT!!!

Congrats to you and your better half...........