Is it possible to receive and play MP3 files through email?mms?... General Blackberry forum

ptrhang no está en línea Stack level 2

MP3 files through email?

Advertisement

Is it possible to receive and play MP3 files through email?mms?

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    I just sent an email with my gmail to my blackberry.net address and I had the option to preview or download. This was on OS4.5.0.55

neondeception no está en línea Stack level 5
    The best way I have found is to make the bitrate lower so the filesize is around 1.5mb (It will upload a file that is 3.5mb, but I find that takes too long). Then upload them on www.box.com and send a link to your email and upload from there.

mms can only be 255kb if I remember right. That will allow for about 25sec of music.

I just uploaded the new desktop software with media manager and its the best thing I have ever done. I took all my music off and added it again through the media manager and optimized it and it sounds better than ever.
    Last edited by neondeception; 07-29-2008 at 12:42 AM. Reason: added info
    Life is like a movie, you've sat through half of it and its sucked so far, it probably isn't gonna get great right at the end to make it all worthwhile. you shouldn't get blamed for walking out early

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    I have emailed MP3 ringtones and what not before. If the file is too large I found some difficulty like with full length songs and such. Regards cHAd ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by thechadj View Post
    I have emailed MP3 ringtones and what not before. If the file is too large I found some difficulty like with full length songs and such. Regards cHAd ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You can download a program to change the bitrate to a lower rate and that will cut down the filesize alot. It is best to change the bitrate setting before you rip them off the cd.
    Life is like a movie, you've sat through half of it and its sucked so far, it probably isn't gonna get great right at the end to make it all worthwhile. you shouldn't get blamed for walking out early

So there is no way just open attachment and download or play on os 4.2?

mikemunoz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2451368F
    Why not just use DM and snatch them off the comp?

Bluetooth?

Computer (with the tunes) not available to you? RIP em to a disc and move em that way........there are so many other ways to to it.........where is the comp you are moving them from? What precludes you from DM and drag/drop?

I know they're are other ways but I was just asking because maybe someone who is not with me wants to send me a song.

Quote Originally Posted by ptrhang View Post
    I know they're are other ways but I was just asking because maybe someone who is not with me wants to send me a song.
    Have them send it to you with email, but you open it on your computer. Put it on your berry from there.

pNoyz3Ro no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244A4B08
    I send my ringtones through email all the time!
    I am on a mac so I don't have the luxury of the Desktop Manager.

I send the ringtone to my Blackberry email and then download and open, works flawlessly.
    T-Mobile Blackberry 8310 Crimson Red

Well the point I was trying to get at us receiving a song from someone without having to use a computer. I have a computer I just wanted to try to listen to it even if I'm not at my computer.