I have dumped my Treo address book into my Pearl using Outlook, but categories in ... General Blackberry forum

jerryb2339 no está en línea Stack level 1

moving categories from Treo to BB Pearl

Advertisement

I have dumped my Treo address book into my Pearl using Outlook, but categories in the Treo do not show up in the Pearl. Is this just not possible via Outlook or is there a way to get these categories into the address book - and then have the addresses listed in my Pearl via category.

I think I'm missing the Treo a lot - although not the size/weight

I won't begin to list the issues I have with RIM re accessories (or lack thereof)....magenta silcone cases???!!!

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

Re: moving categories from Treo to BB Pearl

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I don't think you can transfer the categories via outlook as you have tried, although you can create new categories in your Contacts on the device. Simply click on a contact and select edit and go scroll down to the Categories field, click your trackball and select Categories from the drop-down menu. You are then in the Select Categories menu, click the trackball again and select New from the menu. You can then create new categories for your contacts. Also, you can put contacts in multiple categories. Good luck, hope this helps.

jerryb2339 no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks. with over 1000 contacts I guess I'll just not deal with categories.........

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

jerryb2339, Welcome to PinStack.

I'm not sure about the Pearl, but all the categories I had in my Outlook Synced to my 8700 the first time I synced, and all updated and added categories sync great. I use categories quite a bit. I just wished the BB would allow selecting multiple categories when searching like Outlook does.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

techytom no está en línea Stack level 2

Sorry for the stupid question, but did you have to have OUTLOOK installed to bring over your addresses? I migrated over my data using DM 4.2 -- memos, calendar data came over fine, but no addresses.

Could it be because I do not have OUTLOOK installed in my desktop YET?

Thanks!