I know I read about this somewhere but I've done several searches without coming up ... General Blackberry forum

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Moving between blackberrys

Advertisement

I know I read about this somewhere but I've done several searches without coming up with the thread, so I hope I'm not repeating:

What do you have to do in order to switch back and forth between BBs? I thought it would be a matter of just moving the SIM card, but when I do it, I don't get email on the BB I've changed to (even when I resend service books). Do I have to "Change Device" in the BIS every time I switch? I want to be able to go between the 2 BBs I have as the urge strikes me.

Also, is there any issue related to restoring a backup from a BB running the 4.6OS to a BB running the 4.5OS??

Thanks for any help!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Grits,

You'd either have to change devices in BIS or create a whole new BIS account for your other device, the latter which would allow you to simply switch the SIM card.

There shouldn't be any issue with restoring your data between OS's.

Regards,
    Roger

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Thanks! So maybe this is a dumb question, but can I set up more than one BIS account with only one data plan?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Can anyone tell me if I can have multiple BIS accounts with one data plan? I don't want to mess up my current BIS account by trying to add another one! :-)

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by gritsinct View Post
    Can anyone tell me if I can have multiple BIS accounts with one data plan? I don't want to mess up my current BIS account by trying to add another one! :-)
    Your BIS account is PIN specific, so as long as the two BIS accounts are for different devices, it can be done.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Great! Thanks for the info!!!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    Your BIS account is PIN specific, so as long as the two BIS accounts are for different devices, it can be done.

^^^ Yes, what he said!