My RAZR charger, a mini USB, can charge both the Moto and any of my ... General Blackberry forum

Moto V3 and a Berry

Advertisement

My RAZR charger, a mini USB, can charge both the Moto and any of my Blackberries. However, none of my Blackberry chargers will charge the RAZR. They will give it power to operate when the battery is dead, but they won't charge it. How the heck did they do that??

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Re: Moto V3 and a Berry

Motorola sucks, that's why!

No I think RIM designs their chargers specifically for Blackberrys to make sure the batterys don't swell if the device stays plugged in over night
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    My RAZR charger, a mini USB, can charge both the Moto and any of my Blackberries. However, none of my Blackberry chargers will charge the RAZR. They will give it power to operate when the battery is dead, but they won't charge it. How the heck did they do that??
    i was woundering this too.so do you think the RAZR charger harms the blackberry because i use my old RAZR car charger for my pearl

umanben no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317f3afd

The voltage for the two chargers is different. The blackberry is tuned for 3.7 while I believe the Motorola is more for 4.2 which would explain the razr charger working for the berry but not vice versa. In my experience using a Motorola charger seemed to wear out my blackberry battery more quickly. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by umanben View Post
    The voltage for the two chargers is different. The blackberry is tuned for 3.7 while I believe the Motorola is more for 4.2 which would explain the razr charger working for the berry but not vice versa. In my experience using a Motorola charger seemed to wear out my blackberry battery more quickly. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks, this is the answer I was looking for