Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

What bugs you the most about Blackberry devices if anything? For me there is only ... General Blackberry forum

scootersdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2

Most Annoying Blackberry Features?

Advertisement

What bugs you the most about Blackberry devices if anything?

For me there is only one thing that really annoys the heck of me and it is the voice command button. I absolutely hate that thing and would never ever use it. But it has a way of getting activated when you dig the phone out of your pocket. Totally annoying! If I could shut it off I would and if anyone knows how to disable it please tell me.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Easy. Go to Options > Screen/Keyboard, and you can set it to whatever you want!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by scootersdaddy View Post
    What bugs you the most about Blackberry devices if anything?
    The fact that the top of the line Bold has a browser so inferior, that it is far worse than the one on my Curve.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    browser (very limited)
    media player
    voice apps (although this may come in handy once I begin driving on my own)
    no deleted items folder

There are a few others but they are personal preferences LOL

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    id like to respectfully disagree, the only thing i dont like about the bold browser is its inability to switch to non-mouse mode and the lack of flash player.

is there any mobile browser right now that displays flash content on the webpage?

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    browser (very limited)
    media player
    voice apps (although this may come in handy once I begin driving on my own)
    no deleted items folder

There are a few others but they are personal preferences LOL

i know ive posted this alot but, id like to know what is so lacking about RIM's media player?

i understand the desire for coverflow but thats eyecandy not functionality. what operational features is the RIM media player missing.

as far as coverflow, like i said thats eyecandy, and while i can appreciate it, most of my mediaplyer use is while driving,sleeping,or working out. my eyes are not on the coverart during any of those activities...

also my media player is STABLE. i have not had a 3rd party media player yet which i could not easily crash

I'm used to being able to have a playlist so I can listen to more than one song at a time. Unless I'm missing something I don't see that in the default player.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by offthahorseceo View Post
    id like to respectfully disagree, the only thing i dont like about the bold browser is its inability to switch to non-mouse mode and the lack of flash player.
    Kudos for your courtesy!

I also respect your opinions. It's all about what is important for each of us. As obviously we all have different wants and needs depending on how we use our BlackBerrys.

I will be a bit more specific, as I'm not trashing it, just wishing for an improved browser. When I am viewing different web sites it's actually quite good. The _only problem_ which happens to be a big one for me, is that when I drill down to the thread level of PinStack where we are now, posting or replying to a post. The font size is incredibly small.

I'm blessed with perfect 20/20 vision and yet for me it's really hard to deal with. As a very experienced BB user I've set all the different preferences, and made every possible tweak to get it as good as it gets. And yet the only choice is really tiny fonts, or to zoom. When zooming it's simply very cumbersome with lots of scrolling required, thus for me it's unusable. If I didn't travel so much I would do less on PinStack with my BB and more with my computer. But that defeats this great site.

Finally when I use my Curve 8310 on PinStack it's perfect. No problems, I can post for hours if I want. So, since the Bold is the flagship, I believe it deserves a browser that is a reflection of that. One should not have to backwards and have a poor experience with a newer more expensive top of the line model.

Cheers...

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    I'm used to being able to have a playlist so I can listen to more than one song at a time. Unless I'm missing something I don't see that in the default player.

o yes you definitely are

Where is it located in the options?

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Kudos for your courtesy!

I also respect your opinions. It's all about what is important for each of us. As obviously we all have different wants and needs depending on how we use our BlackBerrys.

I will be a bit more specific, as I'm not trashing it, just wishing for an improved browser. When I am viewing different web sites it's actually quite good. The _only problem_ which happens to be a big one for me, is that when I drill down to the thread level of PinStack where we are now, posting or replying to a post. The font size is incredibly small.

I'm blessed with perfect 20/20 vision and yet for me it's really hard to deal with. As a very experienced BB user I've set all the different preferences, and made every possible tweak to get it as good as it gets. And yet the only choice is really tiny fonts, or to zoom. When zooming it's simply very cumbersome with lots of scrolling required, thus for me it's unusable. If I didn't travel so much I would do less on PinStack with my BB and more with my computer. But that defeats this great site.

Finally when I use my Curve 8310 on PinStack it's perfect. No problems, I can post for hours if I want. So, since the Bold is the flagship, I believe it deserves a browser that is a reflection of that. One should not have to backwards and have a poor experience with a newer more expensive top of the line model.

Cheers...
    i noticed that late last night when i switched back to the curve due to a dead battery. I agree that pinstack looks alot better on my Curve's browser BUT, I attributed that to pinstack's wap formatting, not the Bold browser. Its never been a problem before im sure because everyone has looked at it thru 8xxx series devices, but with the Bolds wide screen, something should be done to accomodate.

I'm sure there is a script out there that will determine what model you are using and route you to the appropriate formatting. HOFO has a script that determines your phones make, model,browser version and more. Granted its not used to properly format the page to optimize your experience but, im sure theres a way.

PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Where is it located in the options?
    if your running 4.5 or higher (may work on lower, havent tried it)
    -highlight a song, artist, album, or genre
    -press menu and you should have the option to "add to playlist"
    -a menu will come up with the option to either create a new playlist, or add your selection(s) to an existing playlist
    Last edited by offthahorseceo; 12-06-2008 at 09:31 PM.

Ok I FINALLY found that option in the list after opening the media player. Thanks.

Annoying Blackberry Feature: On OS 4.5 and newer, if you open a document in MemoPad it defaults to the edit screen so you can't use the space key, alt/space, B and T to navigate through the document. You have to roll roll roll the track wheel or trackball to get to the end of a document.

Another annoying BlackBerry feature, and this one is REALLY BAD, you cannot use the DEL key for Speed Dial!! AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!! If it was possible to use it for speed dial it would be perfect for Pizza DELivery!! "Honey, do you have Pizza Hut on speed dial?" "Why yes, darling, simply push and hold the DELivery key". "LET'S START A PETITION!"

LMAO That's hilarious

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast