Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 65

What bugs you the most about Blackberry devices if anything? For me there is only ... General Blackberry forum

  1. #1
    scootersdaddy's Avatar
    scootersdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    77

    Most Annoying Blackberry Features?

    Advertisement



    What bugs you the most about Blackberry devices if anything?

    For me there is only one thing that really annoys the heck of me and it is the voice command button. I absolutely hate that thing and would never ever use it. But it has a way of getting activated when you dig the phone out of your pocket. Totally annoying! If I could shut it off I would and if anyone knows how to disable it please tell me.

  2. #2
    MotoUp's Avatar
    MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,360
    Easy. Go to Options > Screen/Keyboard, and you can set it to whatever you want!

  3. #3
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by scootersdaddy View Post
    What bugs you the most about Blackberry devices if anything?
    The fact that the top of the line Bold has a browser so inferior, that it is far worse than the one on my Curve.


  4. #4
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420
    browser (very limited)
    media player
    voice apps (although this may come in handy once I begin driving on my own)
    no deleted items folder

    There are a few others but they are personal preferences LOL


  5. #5
    offthahorseceo's Avatar
    offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Posts
    1,562
    id like to respectfully disagree, the only thing i dont like about the bold browser is its inability to switch to non-mouse mode and the lack of flash player.

    is there any mobile browser right now that displays flash content on the webpage?

  6. #6
    offthahorseceo's Avatar
    offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    browser (very limited)
    media player
    voice apps (although this may come in handy once I begin driving on my own)
    no deleted items folder

    There are a few others but they are personal preferences LOL

    i know ive posted this alot but, id like to know what is so lacking about RIM's media player?

    i understand the desire for coverflow but thats eyecandy not functionality. what operational features is the RIM media player missing.

    as far as coverflow, like i said thats eyecandy, and while i can appreciate it, most of my mediaplyer use is while driving,sleeping,or working out. my eyes are not on the coverart during any of those activities...

    also my media player is STABLE. i have not had a 3rd party media player yet which i could not easily crash

  7. #7
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420
    I'm used to being able to have a playlist so I can listen to more than one song at a time. Unless I'm missing something I don't see that in the default player.


  8. #8
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by offthahorseceo View Post
    id like to respectfully disagree, the only thing i dont like about the bold browser is its inability to switch to non-mouse mode and the lack of flash player.
    Kudos for your courtesy!

    I also respect your opinions. It's all about what is important for each of us. As obviously we all have different wants and needs depending on how we use our BlackBerrys.

    I will be a bit more specific, as I'm not trashing it, just wishing for an improved browser. When I am viewing different web sites it's actually quite good. The _only problem_ which happens to be a big one for me, is that when I drill down to the thread level of PinStack where we are now, posting or replying to a post. The font size is incredibly small.

    I'm blessed with perfect 20/20 vision and yet for me it's really hard to deal with. As a very experienced BB user I've set all the different preferences, and made every possible tweak to get it as good as it gets. And yet the only choice is really tiny fonts, or to zoom. When zooming it's simply very cumbersome with lots of scrolling required, thus for me it's unusable. If I didn't travel so much I would do less on PinStack with my BB and more with my computer. But that defeats this great site.

    Finally when I use my Curve 8310 on PinStack it's perfect. No problems, I can post for hours if I want. So, since the Bold is the flagship, I believe it deserves a browser that is a reflection of that. One should not have to backwards and have a poor experience with a newer more expensive top of the line model.

    Cheers...


  9. #9
    offthahorseceo's Avatar
    offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I'm used to being able to have a playlist so I can listen to more than one song at a time. Unless I'm missing something I don't see that in the default player.

    o yes you definitely are

  10. #10
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420
    Where is it located in the options?


  11. #11
    offthahorseceo's Avatar
    offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Kudos for your courtesy!

    I also respect your opinions. It's all about what is important for each of us. As obviously we all have different wants and needs depending on how we use our BlackBerrys.

    I will be a bit more specific, as I'm not trashing it, just wishing for an improved browser. When I am viewing different web sites it's actually quite good. The _only problem_ which happens to be a big one for me, is that when I drill down to the thread level of PinStack where we are now, posting or replying to a post. The font size is incredibly small.

    I'm blessed with perfect 20/20 vision and yet for me it's really hard to deal with. As a very experienced BB user I've set all the different preferences, and made every possible tweak to get it as good as it gets. And yet the only choice is really tiny fonts, or to zoom. When zooming it's simply very cumbersome with lots of scrolling required, thus for me it's unusable. If I didn't travel so much I would do less on PinStack with my BB and more with my computer. But that defeats this great site.

    Finally when I use my Curve 8310 on PinStack it's perfect. No problems, I can post for hours if I want. So, since the Bold is the flagship, I believe it deserves a browser that is a reflection of that. One should not have to backwards and have a poor experience with a newer more expensive top of the line model.

    Cheers...
    i noticed that late last night when i switched back to the curve due to a dead battery. I agree that pinstack looks alot better on my Curve's browser BUT, I attributed that to pinstack's wap formatting, not the Bold browser. Its never been a problem before im sure because everyone has looked at it thru 8xxx series devices, but with the Bolds wide screen, something should be done to accomodate.

    I'm sure there is a script out there that will determine what model you are using and route you to the appropriate formatting. HOFO has a script that determines your phones make, model,browser version and more. Granted its not used to properly format the page to optimize your experience but, im sure theres a way.

  12. #12
    offthahorseceo's Avatar
    offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Where is it located in the options?
    if your running 4.5 or higher (may work on lower, havent tried it)
    -highlight a song, artist, album, or genre
    -press menu and you should have the option to "add to playlist"
    -a menu will come up with the option to either create a new playlist, or add your selection(s) to an existing playlist
    Last edited by offthahorseceo; 12-06-2008 at 09:31 PM.

  13. #13
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420
    Ok I FINALLY found that option in the list after opening the media player. Thanks.


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,737
    Annoying Blackberry Feature: On OS 4.5 and newer, if you open a document in MemoPad it defaults to the edit screen so you can't use the space key, alt/space, B and T to navigate through the document. You have to roll roll roll the track wheel or trackball to get to the end of a document.

    Another annoying BlackBerry feature, and this one is REALLY BAD, you cannot use the DEL key for Speed Dial!! AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!! If it was possible to use it for speed dial it would be perfect for Pizza DELivery!! "Honey, do you have Pizza Hut on speed dial?" "Why yes, darling, simply push and hold the DELivery key". "LET'S START A PETITION!"

  15. #15
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420
    LMAO That's hilarious


Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •