I have a user with a 8700 device who is getting the following message:- "More ... General Blackberry forum

johnfaw no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204B50DB

More request cannot be completed

Advertisement

I have a user with a 8700 device who is getting the following message:-

"More request cannot be completed. Service book information not found". As a result, the user can only view small portions of messages received on the device.

I have resent the service books to the device but to no avail. The user also states that when trying to view a message in its entirety there is an indication that the cache size is 5k.

How can I fix this? Is there a way to change the cache size?

Thanking everyone in advance for any help offered.
    Last edited by cp6169; 03-01-2007 at 11:08 AM.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: More request cannot be completed

I had this message the other day and I deleted all my service books and resent them and everything was fine.

I understand you are BES users which can make this different.

Hopefully a BES user has a more in depth solution available...

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have had this issue before and it was cache related. First, I believe your cache is set to 5MB not 5KB. The only options are 1MB, 2MB, 3MB, 4MB and 5MB. The only place to change this is convoluted. You must go into an email that has an attachment. Click on Open attachment. You will then be at the screen before the attachment is open and the screen will have filename, Table of Contents, and Full Content on it. Click the wheel and a three item menu appears. Click on Options. The Option screen has only one item - the elusive cache size on it. Max it out to 5MB, but I'll guess its already at 5MB and is doing its job correctly.

Now that you've gone through this excercise, ask your user if they opened a previous email with an attachment and clicked on More a bajillion times, so many times that the attachment probably never completely opened because it filled up the entire cache. Your user will lokk at you with a stunned "how did you know that" expression on their face. Tell them they need to delete that one email because it filled up the cache and as long as that email is sitting on their Blackberry the cache is doing its job of holding on to their humongous attachment so other emails' attachments cannot open.

Next write a quick note back here telling us how you saved the day.

PIN/ID
    204B50DB

No such luck as yet. The user indicates that all messages with attachments have been deleted as soon as they are read. Any other ideas?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com) The only thing the cache is for is attachments. Pictures are also attachments. Basically any email that has the little envelope with paperclip is an attachment email. The person can forward that same email to themself and delete the original to clear out the cache. If they have a bunch of emails with small attachments this will have the same effect as one email with a humongous attachment--as long as they are all still on the Blackberry.

Failing this, there is the old battery pull and wait 30 seconds trick which sometimes seems to fix issues that otherwise seem unfixable. Good luck.

PIN/ID
    204B50DB

Still not joy after the battery pull. The executive is getting very agitated now. Should I consider wiping the device and reloading?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I didn't think the battery pull would work because I still think there's an email with a large attachment there somewhere. Can you get yor hands on the BB for wiping and then see if there isn't an email with attachment on it--before you wipe it. If there isn't then wipe away but I'm still convinced that a single large email is causing the problem.

Jobsdone no está en línea Stack level 2

Johnfaw...please share the resolution with us. I'm hooked.
    Cordially,

Jobsdone

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

MAXRPM no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey i had that exact problem until about a second ago. I tried something that i hadn't seen anywhere and it worked. I had previously tried everything from deleting the service books to reinstalling them and nothing wroked.

What I did was go to the setup folder and press email settings then your email account will appear then I deleted that email account and then simply added it again. You will receive a confirmation message and then you should be good to go. That's all I did and it worked flawlessly. This was on a 9700.

I hope this works for everyone.