I am not for one minute suggesting I don't like the look of some of ... General Blackberry forum

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3

Question More important - New handsets or Improved OS???

Advertisement

I am not for one minute suggesting I don't like the look of some of these new models that are leaking onto Blackberry forums all over the place at the moment however does anyone else agree that RIM's priority right now should be improving what is under the hood? Looking at the work Apple and Palm are doing (particularly the Palm Pre), there are a lot of great new features coming though for example the great connectivity features found on the iminent Palm Pre. The ability to synchronise between, im, internet, social web and just about anything else to me truely is a step forward not to mention the future plans to integrate Flash into their OS later in the year. First impressions of the Pre's browser seems pretty special too while the Blackberry browser still leaves a lot to be desired. Not wanting to start the Pre vs. Apple vs. Blackberry battle too early I am just wondering what RIM has got up it's sleeve to keep up with the competition in OS department. The new models look great but as a Blackberry fan who has put up with some pretty poor OS issues over the past couple of years, I'd love to think that there is a decent level of investment going into improving the internal workings of the phones aswell.

Debate...

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    It sounds just like remaking a movie with current digital equipment but with a phone lol. But yeah some of the os's can be improve and right now rim is releasing alot of phones and leaking some on the web. Maybe one day they will make a really good os and a really good phone which will amaze everybody (3g, wifi, gps, hi res screen, amazing home screen, flash support ) but until then, they can make seperate phones that have specific features for each one lol.
    Media POWERHOUSE- 8900 Curve
    When your surrounded by the Palm Pre, Iphone 3gs and T-mobile mytouch (G2) makes me wonder about blackberry.

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by lcgtr View Post
    It sounds just like remaking a movie with current digital equipment but with a phone lol. But yeah some of the os's can be improve and right now rim is releasing alot of phones and leaking some on the web. Maybe one day they will make a really good os and a really good phone which will amaze everybody (3g, wifi, gps, hi res screen, amazing home screen, flash support ) but until then, they can make seperate phones that have specific features for each one lol.
    Yes, it just seems so weird. Soon we will have a phone with just about any hardware configuration (e.g. one has 3G but not Wifi while another has Wifi but is GSM only etc etc). This is all very well but why not make one special phone that everyone can be proud of. I have a feeling the Storm was supposed to be this phone but I don't think it did the job.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I would have to say that considering with the releases of the Bold, Flip and Storm, the OS should be first.

The Bold was yanked by Orange (I forgot why), and overheating in Japan, and the SLOW AS DIRT OS released on the Storm and Flip (which has since been fixed).