go look at my last post there i posted the music icons but read ... General Blackberry forum
go look at my last post there i posted the music icons but read the top part of the lastpost okay cause they proly wont show up well all them one or 2 might
can anyone make north carolina symbol cn
U can't make them...as it was said before
Originally Posted by makija
~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
HI! i am a first time user of pinstack. my friend was showing some cool bbm icons and i wanted to get them on my phone. can anyone tell me how to get started on getting them on my bb8300 please.
thanx a mil
Thanks to Azstar for the right up....
1. Go to this thread from your BB Browser
2. Hit the BB menu button and choose "Select Mode"
3. Scroll to the icon you want to save, then hold Shift, scroll the trackball so the icon is highlighted, menu, copy
4. Hit the red/end key so browser moves to background, go to Options/Autotext
5. Menu/New in the "Replace" field type whatever text you will use to bring up that symbol, for example, for the black heart I typed "blkhrt" then in the "With" field Menu/Paste and the symbol you copied will appear. I left "Using" set to SmartCase and "Language" set to All Locales. Then save that entry and you are done. So now, for me, in BBM or emails if I type blkhrt then space(this is very important to remember to hit the space key) the little black heart will appear.
6. Now use the application switcher (Alt/Back(escape) to go back to the browser, choose your next symbol, repeat the steps, then switch back(via application switcher to options) into autotext and create your next Autotext entry
I just copied all of them and pasted them into outlook and sent it to my blackberry email Then saved it in a memo, then did auto text when ever i wanted to use one for the first time.
It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.
Thanks for these. They may work in your text messages as well: go to: Options > SMS > Data Coding: Change it from 7bit to USC2. It may only work with GSM (t-mobile, at&t), not CDMA (verizon, sprint). There's an app called "Fancy Characters" but it seems like only the latest BB OS's support many more that most people may want. And a lot of the best ones are still not available. Here are a few more i found:
∞ Infinity (Math)
« Left Double Angle Quote
» Right Double Angle Quote
ps. fyi these are called Unicode Characters. you can find more here:
http://www.alanwood.net/unicode/ (esp. under symbols - but most of them wont work on a bb)
or you can look on your pc:
Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map
(if you have any chinese fonts installed they seem to have the most picture type characters - but again most of them won't work on a bb)
you can always copy the ones you like and email them to your bb to see which ones will work.
I cant figure out to copy and paste these from my email to my auto text
if someone would add my pin 3025cfda that would be amazingg!
Does anyone have a middle finger icon....I think that it would go great with the "thumbs up" icons...lol
I AGREE ^^^ IF ANYBODY HAS THIS CAN U SEND IT TO ME TOO PLZ! P.M. ME
Originally Posted by BoSoxFan82
try putting them in memo and adding them that way that's what I do. Copy them one by one and put them in auto text under options what the word is and what symbol you want to replace it with the Trademark is there by holding the t and scrolling right same for copyright and registered tm hold the letter C and letter R hth!
Originally Posted by BeccaSchne
??????° • · ?·? ??ä?? ?öü ?·? · • °
Tags for this Thread