Well more web news on the 8800. I'm wondering whats,what. I've heard so much well ... General Blackberry forum

amdot9898 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    400cd225

More 8800 info

Advertisement

Well more web news on the 8800. I'm wondering whats,what. I've heard so much well heres more. Some of the things I've found; like this speaks of a cam. But then I've read news saying no cam.
    Peace

More BlackBerry 8800 info?

Well, Monday’s are usually tough. There’s mounds of junk mail in your inbox to sort through, hopefully not missing any gems. Nearly missed this one, and legitamacy pending, we’re glad we didn’t. A little tip from Alex has given us a small spec sheet on the BlackBerry 8800.
    Release date, camera, and video recording - all very interesting. Thanks all the same, Kyle. We still get excited over things like this. The text from the image, just in case, has been posted after the jump.

- New narrow QWERTY design - the ultimate balance of form and function
    - Ultra slim form factor with full keypad and large 320 x 240 screen for optimized data input.
    - Dimensions: 106 x 60 x 15.5 mm
    - Bridges voice and data centric users looking for a sleek, slimmed down design optimized for exceptional data entry yet small enough to be used as a phone.
    - Full multimedia feature set
    - Camera - 1.3 mp, 5x digital zoom, flash and video recording
    - Media Player - audio and video playback/streaming, stereo headset compatible.
    - 64 MB Flash, expandable memory (Micro SD)
    - Expanded feature set complements core productivity, functionality and strengthens appeal to a broader segment of users - particularly retail prosumers.
    - Great phone experience
    - Advanced noise and echo cancellation
    - Voice activated dialing, speakerphone, Bluetooth 2.0
    - Quadband EDGE + 802.11bg
    - Extend data and voice coverage at home, work, hotspots.

More More More! Enjoy
    The first pictures of the Blackberry 8800, codenamed Gamma Ray, have emerged, provided once again by EngadgetMobile and the Boy Genius. The photos confirm that there’s no [COLOR=#660099! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#660099! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]camera[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] included, which was expected according to latest reports. We can clearly see that the device features a [COLOR=#660099! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#660099! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]trackball[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] and a full QWERTY keyboard unlike the Pearl’s sure-type one, while the pictures also show three different [COLOR=#660099! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#660099! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]design [/FONT][COLOR=#660099! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]options[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] of the handset. No further info on specs and availability for now.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: More 8800 info

so what does it say for release date

amdot9898 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    400cd225

On another site I got this rumor. Quote

Hey guys,

"My friend works at the CINGULAR corporate office in Paramus, NJ in the EIS department. I told him to get more information about the 8800 because they receive the devices way before release so they can learn it before they come out so they can help troubleshoot for customers.

Anyway, the manager states that the 8800 is still at RIM undergoing more testing. He also confirms that it won't be available on Cingular until Feb earliest and April latest (we knew the latest part). All RIM told Cingular was first quarter of 2007 but the manager states that the agreement they have with RIM is that they must get the phone atleast one month in advance so they can train their EIS reps.

Hope that helps guys!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

To answer the first question above regarding the camera:

There will be 2 launches of the 8800. The first launch will be a non-camera version (aimed mainly towards corporate customers and those who don't want a camera).

The version with the camera is slated to follow approx 3 months later.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by amdot9898
    On another site I got this rumor. Quote

Hey guys,

"My friend works at the CINGULAR corporate office in Paramus, NJ in the EIS department. I told him to get more information about the 8800 because they receive the devices way before release so they can learn it before they come out so they can help troubleshoot for customers.

Anyway, the manager states that the 8800 is still at RIM undergoing more testing. He also confirms that it won't be available on Cingular until Feb earliest and April latest (we knew the latest part). All RIM told Cingular was first quarter of 2007 but the manager states that the agreement they have with RIM is that they must get the phone atleast one month in advance so they can train their EIS reps.

Hope that helps guys!
    my guess then would be that t-mo should be getting it sometime soon