I work as a Level II/III Deskside support for users who have BlackBerry & PDA ... General Blackberry forum

mnbbtech no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Modifying your Blackberry...

Advertisement

I work as a Level II/III Deskside support for users who have BlackBerry & PDA devices... though I do not have my own "working" crackberry, I do have a "dud-no-wireless-activated" working as just strickly a pda-local sync. So my only need is to see my calendar and possibly use the memopad.

So here's my question(s):

*First Question
    How can I get rid of icons on the Home Screen? (eg: Enterprise Activation, Messages, Phone, Address Book)

*Second Question
    How can I remove the IT policy on this device so that I can make changes to the device without the policy directly getting in the way?

Any help is appreciated... thank you!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Modifying your Blackberry...

Mnbbtech, you can hide the icons on your home screen by placing the cursor over the icon you want to hide then hitting Alt+Click and selecting "hide application".

If your Blackberry is on your company's IT policy, you won't be able to remove it.

Hope that helps.

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Here' some info on how to remove the IT policy http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...licy_help.html

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Just be aware that if your company went through the the trouble of pushing out IT policies that they probably also consider tampering with them an action that can result in disciplinary action. Since yours doesn't have wireless capabilties chances of them finding out are slim. However, just be aware.

mnbbtech no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Just be aware that if your company went through the the trouble of pushing out IT policies that they probably also consider tampering with them an action that can result in disciplinary action. Since yours doesn't have wireless capabilties chances of them finding out are slim. However, just be aware.
    Actually I work for the IT Dept and like I said, this is an old "not-in-service" device that I'm using just as a local sync pda/calendaring device. I'm always away from my desk and just need something to keep me from running back to my desk to see where else I need to be at... these devices actually are fine with the policy on them when they are wirelessly configured, but as I said, it's no longer in service - no sim card, nada. So currently it times out in 2 minutes and have no way of changing that feature until the policy is removed from the device.

But thanks for your concern..

trhodg no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by mnbbtech
    I work as a Level II/III Deskside support for users who have BlackBerry & PDA devices... though I do not have my own "working" crackberry, I do have a "dud-no-wireless-activated" working as just strickly a pda-local sync. So my only need is to see my calendar and possibly use the memopad.

So here's my question(s):

*First Question
    How can I get rid of icons on the Home Screen? (eg: Enterprise Activation, Messages, Phone, Address Book)

*Second Question
    How can I remove the IT policy on this device so that I can make changes to the device without the policy directly getting in the way?

Any help is appreciated... thank you!
    How do you sync Calendar locally, I thought Desktop manager could only sync contacts locally. If it can also sync calendar can it also sync mail locally? If so how? I too have an old BB disconnected from a BES and only useful as a PDA/Phone. Would be great if I could sync my calendar. Thanks

Dolphin no está en línea Stack level 2

trhodg - Desktop Manager synchs contacts, calendar, memo, tasks locally. Go to DM, double click on Synchronize, go to Configuration tab. Click on Configure Synch