Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

There are many threads and posters that say that Cingular doesn't support mms. I was ... General Blackberry forum

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5

MMS on Cingular Blackberry!!

Advertisement

There are many threads and posters that say that Cingular doesn't support mms. I was even on the phone just a few mniutes ago on an unrelated issue with Cingular technical support (the 304-3044 number), and the woman with whom I spoke told me that there is no MMS capability for blackberries on Cingular.

This has me very confused. I can send and receive mms. I have a 7130c, on Cingular. I'm running app version 4.1.0.327 now, but I've been able to send and receive mms from the day I got it -- even when I was running the latest Cingular 7130 software - 4.1.0.321.

If I compose an mms I have options to "attach address," "attach appointment," "attach picture," and "attach audio." Plus, it allows me to send mms to both phone numbers AND email addresses. I just sent my brother an mms with both a picture and an mp3 audio clip. No problem. I sent the same mms to his email address and it also worked fine. He took a picture with his Razr and sent it to my BB as an mms and it worked.

Why do people say that there is no mms for blackberries on the Cingular network?

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

Re: MMS on Cingular Blackberry!!

you can send and recieve mms on the 8700 bb but i believe you can on the 7130c
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

thats cant send mms on the 8700* correction
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Yes, the 7130c can send and receive MMS messages, and will be charged for such according to you Phone Plan features. The 8700 and other BB devices before it are not able to send or receive MMS. The 8700 situation may change if and when ever Cingular decides to change the settings on the users accounts. It will probably also need an update to the OS, but that alone won't do it.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

tweegyblink no está en línea Stack level 1

I can't send and receive mms on my 8700 BB i have a unlocked TMO gsm with Cingular

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Lightbulb Re: MMS on Cingular Blackberry!!

Well according to Cingular it has MMS messages > Links for ya! >
    Q. What is Picture/Video Messaging?
    A. With Picture/Video Messaging (sometimes referred to as multimedia messaging or MMS), you can send pictures, video, and voice messages to another phone or e-mail address. You can even personalize the message with text or a voice recording.
    http://www.cingular.com/learn/messag...aging.jsp#what

https://www.cingular.com/support/kno...t=KB65305.html

305_Hotboy no está en línea Stack level 2

This is not true. YOU CAN SEND MSS MESSAGES. ITS A BIG MISSION. YOU HAVE TO HAVE TWO SERVICE BOOKS ON YOUR PHONE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE DATA PLAN ON YOUR PHONE.

LIKE ME, I DONT WANT THE INTERNET CRAP. I JUST WANT UNLIMITED TEXTS SO I CAN TALK TO GIRLS! IN ORDER TO DO THAT, YOU HAVE TO GET ON TECHNICAL SUPPORT TO HAVE SOMEONE SEND YOU THE BOOKS VIA PHONE/AIR. THEN YOU NEED TO GET REPROGRAMMING TO GET THE "COMOSE MMS" ON THE COMPOSE MESSAGES SIDE.

ITS A HUGE MISSION...IT IS POSSIBLE. IM ON THE PHONE AS WE SPEAK FOR THIS. ITS DOABLE. BUT MOST = 90% OF REPS, DONT HAVE A CLUE WHAT THEY ARE DOING. THEY MIGHT ACT LIKE THEY KNOW EVERYTHING BECAUSE THEY ARE READING STR8 FROM THE MANUEL BUT NO!

IT MIGHT TAKE U A LONG TIME. BUT ONLY TECHNICAL SUPPORT CAN DO THIS!

LIKE ME, I NEED MMS. NO WAY I CAN LIVE WITHOUT IT! SO IF YOU ARE LIKE ME, GET ON THE PHONE AND TELL THEM WHAT I JUST SAID!

305_Hotboy no está en línea Stack level 2

Whats Funny Is That I Got On The Phone With A Rep..she Is Telling Me You Cant Do It Unless You Have A Data Plan! This Is Total Crap!

I Dont Want This Phone No More!

jpnelson35 no está en línea Stack level 2

Is there anyway to get something similiar to the free T-Mo Blackberry Feature Enabler for my pearl w/ At&t/Cingular service. I also have the full unlimited messageing service (unlimited text and multi-media) but I can't send MMS pictures messages without the full data plan. Very Frustrating.

If there isnt anything like the feature enabler for ATT, does anybody know if they are working on something.

I swear those AT&T retail stores lie to you with their phones and plans. I'm paying for unlimited messaging but after they have your credit card they say "oh oh, except for the phone you just bought, that's $30 extra for pictures on top of the unlimited messaging for $20." That means it costs at least $50 for unlimited picture messaging. Gee, I feel a little taken advantage of.

jpnelson35 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by 305_Hotboy
    This is not true. YOU CAN SEND MSS MESSAGES. ITS A BIG MISSION. YOU HAVE TO HAVE TWO SERVICE BOOKS ON YOUR PHONE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE DATA PLAN ON YOUR PHONE.

LIKE ME, I DONT WANT THE INTERNET CRAP. I JUST WANT UNLIMITED TEXTS SO I CAN TALK TO GIRLS! IN ORDER TO DO THAT, YOU HAVE TO GET ON TECHNICAL SUPPORT TO HAVE SOMEONE SEND YOU THE BOOKS VIA PHONE/AIR. THEN YOU NEED TO GET REPROGRAMMING TO GET THE "COMOSE MMS" ON THE COMPOSE MESSAGES SIDE.

ITS A HUGE MISSION...IT IS POSSIBLE. IM ON THE PHONE AS WE SPEAK FOR THIS. ITS DOABLE. BUT MOST = 90% OF REPS, DONT HAVE A CLUE WHAT THEY ARE DOING. THEY MIGHT ACT LIKE THEY KNOW EVERYTHING BECAUSE THEY ARE READING STR8 FROM THE MANUEL BUT NO!

LIKE ME, I NEED MMS. NO WAY I CAN LIVE WITHOUT IT! SO IF YOU ARE LIKE ME, GET ON THE PHONE AND TELL THEM WHAT I JUST SAID!
    has anybody else tried this?
    does it work?

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

Smile Re: MMS on Cingular Blackberry!!

Quote Originally Posted by jpnelson35
    has anybody else tried this?
    does it work?

I sure hope somebody has. My heart goes out to all those unfortunate girls waiting for Hotboy

coffor no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by 305_Hotboy

Hey, were u able to get this working??

oc12522 no está en línea Stack level 2

jpnelson35 yo thats so true man. yo tell me how i went up to at&t ppl and told yo this is wat i got with tmobile can u guys give me the same or better and they like we got this plan and ****. and yo i cant send no pic no ringtone its so much BS. they like yea 4 bb u need the plan. they such liars.

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by gkast1 View Post
    I sure hope somebody has. My heart goes out to all those unfortunate girls waiting for Hotboy

lmao!

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8

I have a 8100. I got a MMS message. A picture to be exact. I had to pay for the service because I dont have a messaging plan and pay per use but it got to me fine.

I have 5 service books. Listed below.
    MMS Transport [WPTCP]
    WAP2 BrowserConfig [BrowserConfig]
    MMS Client [MMS]
    WAP2 Transport [WPTCP]
    Wap Push Config [WAPPushCofig]

My service is from AT&T. Hope this info helps someone...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast