Hey i have looked through lots of posts trying to figure out how to fix ... General Blackberry forum

Doodle no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile MMS Messaging

Advertisement

Hey i have looked through lots of posts trying to figure out how to fix this but i can't figure it out and im sick of not being able to send and receive pictures.

I got a Blackberry 8100 pearl for christmas '07 and can't MMS. There is no option available to do it when i hit the menue button in my inbox, which i see on my friend's curve.

As far as all this service book stuff i haven't done my research and don't really know what that is, but i have a regular AT&T/Cingular plan. I have the family MSG unlimited plan, which I believe includes MMS cuz it worked on my old phone at no extra charge.

I tried calling AT&T tech. support but they had no idea what i was talking about.

PLEASE HELP! If someone asks me if i got that picture last night one more time im gonna go crazy.

if you know how to help specific directions would be appreciated, im admitadly a BB nooob

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Call at&t and tell them you need the media.net plan for blackberry. Do you already have Blackberry data?
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

I am not sure exactely what you mean, again I am pretty new at this stuff. I am a senior in high school and my mom manages the plan, but if your asking if she bought a separate data plan specifically for my blackberry than no. I just know that she has that family MSG unlimited plan, so maybe that doesnt include blackberry MMS?
    sorry if thats frustrating?

pearl-8100 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245ac9c6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ you have to have a blackberry data plan as well. That's gives you the internet and all that good stuff.

oh okay. so my texting plan allows me to text or mms on a normal phone, but for a blackberry if i want to MMS i have to have a BBdata plan?

pearl-8100 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245ac9c6
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~yeap. So just ask to change your plan so you can have that and its problem solved

spasm321 no está en línea Stack level 2
    yeah it is quite annoying, I had that issue at first. then I gave in and got the internet, not because of MMSing but because i wanted. I actually very rarely mms and you'll find that you can live without it. so unless you have the money or need the internet, i'd pass up on the bbdata plan because just for mmsing, its not necessary.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Have you tried sending a picture as attachment to email? I send and receive pics all the time using Yahoo and Gmail accounts.

thanks for the info everyone, yeah it def. sucks that you have to buy a whole separate plan. i guess i didnt do my research on this phone, a little disappointing but oh well