Each day I am learning new tricks on my BB. I am finding just how ... General Blackberry forum

_Bulz_Eye_ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c2287a

MMS101: MMS - what is it and how does it all work??

Advertisement

Each day I am learning new tricks on my BB. I am finding just how much you can do with it. I kinda know what MMS (Mulitmedia Messesanging Service), is but have never used that function.

Can anyone give a very simple explanation of what it is how to use it, why you would want to use it?

Can you listen to I tunes on any BB with MMS? ( Mine is a nextel 7520). Is it basicely a service so you can receive your ESPN news updates?? What the hell does it do for ya excately????lol

So maybe a MMS 101 is in order for all of us old and new looking to expand thier knowledge of the usefuness of a blackberry.

Thanks

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: MMS101: MMS - what is it and how does it all work??

MMS is just a text message with a picture. You might get charged more from your service provider for one than a text.
    If you have a picture you want to send to your friend you just drop it in a MMS and send it on its way.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    32c2287a

What no sounds??

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Actually, a better way to state it is that MMS is a text message with an attachment. It can be a picture, or a sound, or a short video clip, or even a vcard.

And most carriers offer MMS service which can be sent to an email, in addition to another mobile. But not all carriers offer inter-carrier MMS.

Also, MMS can be prohibitively expensive, as it is usually charged at a separate rate to SMS.

Pay-per-use for SMS averages 10 - 15 c each. For MMS that price is usually 50 c.

Check with your carrier for all the details.

PIN/ID
    32c2287a

I got an unlimited plan... I do belive that Nextel covers that in the unlimited plan... ok I need to send myself a mms lolol