I am using an 8820 with the redirector on the BIS. My outlook subfolders appear ... General Blackberry forum

ck79 no está en línea Stack level 1

Missing Outlook Subfolders on Handheld

Advertisement

I am using an 8820 with the redirector on the BIS. My outlook subfolders appear in the desktop manager but they do not all appear on the device. When I select view folders on the 8820 only some of the subfolders appear. The messages intended for the subfolders are still delivered to the handheld, but via the inbox and not the folders specified in Outlook or in the Desktop Manager. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I just noticed this and know for a fact that everything on the handheld used to mimic the setup in the Desktop Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by ck79 View Post
    I am using an 8820 with the redirector on the BIS. My outlook subfolders appear in the desktop manager but they do not all appear on the device. When I select view folders on the 8820 only some of the subfolders appear. The messages intended for the subfolders are still delivered to the handheld, but via the inbox and not the folders specified in Outlook or in the Desktop Manager. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I just noticed this and know for a fact that everything on the handheld used to mimic the setup in the Desktop Manager.
    I'm posting 21 hours after your question was posted - I gues you have everyone baffled! I'm going to post a link to your question at the Expert's forum, and see if anyone can give it a shot - -

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    What OS are you running on your device, on the PC which you are using DM, and what version of Desktop Manager are you using?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Okay, I don't know anything about Redirector as I've never used it before.

What I do know is that BIS only syncs what is in the Inbox.

Since you said some of your subfolders appear on the device, it would appear that redirector does sycn more, let me ask you this...

First, is there anything in the subfolders that it did sync to your device, or is it just folders. And second, are all your subfolders listed as subfolders of your Inbox, or some under Inbox, and some under your main Personal folders?

For example:

Mailbox (Personal Folders)
    >Deleted Items
    >Drafts
    >AAA TOWING COMPANY
    >ABC TITLE COMPANY
    >Inbox
    >>CLIENTS
    >>ORDERS
    >>REVEIVABLES
    >>PAST DUE
    >INTERNET ORDERING
    >Outbox
    >Sent Items

Hope that little tree makes sense.

If you can answer that, it will give me a better understanding.

The reason I ask is that BES by default, unless manually mantained and changed, only syncs the subfolders of Inbox, along with Sent Items.
    Last edited by MotoUp; 02-05-2009 at 10:58 PM.

ck79 no está en línea Stack level 1
    The answer was pretty simple , I had deselected "synchronize organizer data", once I reselected it, the folders began to sync properly and now appear on the handheld. I can now create new folders and they too will sync with my device.