The message icon on my bb have vanished Now I have 7 little envelopes that ... General Blackberry forum

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Missing Message Icon..

Advertisement

The message icon on my bb have vanished Now I have 7 little envelopes that represents my emails addresses that the BB is poolining my emails from..and to check messages coming into the berry I have to check all 7 email address 1 at a time instead of just selecting the message icon and viewing all messages there and the icon is not hidden I check that on several occassions... HELP!!!! I was on the phone with RIM for 3 hours...aaaggghhhh
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Missing Message Icon..

Click the trackwheel while holding the ALT key and from the drop down menu, select "Show All." See if it's there. If not, then resend your service books by going to your t-mo account and resending your service books from the "Set up Internet Email."

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

I only wish I could separate all my emails according to account received from.

How does one accomplish such a task? (I have a 7100r with Rogers, 4.1 OS, BES and BIS.)

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm guessing that this happened because of an upgrade to BIS 2.0? I upgraded to BIS 2.0 and got all those other "little envelopes". However, I'm also on a BES, so I still have the Messages icon, which gives me everything in one spot. I feel your pain. Don't know if there's a solution.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Yes it was part of the 2.0 BIS upgrade.

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

Butterfly, I had the same thing happen and complained in almost the exact same words. In my case, one of the envelopes represented my BlackBerry account, the one to which all the others were originally forwarded. Another pinstacker told me, and it works, that if I hid the envelopes for the other accounts, then the messages would again appear in the BlackBerry account envelope. Note, you can't delete the other envelopes, but you can hide them. Give that a try.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yup, hiding them by using the ALT+click wheel on them, usually puts the messages in one folder... Good luck!

fiz_x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21a311e6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~im having this problem, but its a bit different. My message icon is gone, but my seperate email accounts are visible. Unfortunatly I have to icons per email account. Also I have the little thing on top that says I have 15 messages, but for the life of me I can't find them. I did 'view folder' and checked all my different folders with no luck. I've deleted and resent my service books with no luck either....anyone can help?

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Is the mesages folder "hidden" by any chace?

PIN/ID
    21a311e6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~no, it isn't hidden either.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly2
    The message icon on my bb have vanished Now I have 7 little envelopes that represents my emails addresses that the BB is poolining my emails from..and to check messages coming into the berry I have to check all 7 email address 1 at a time instead of just selecting the message icon and viewing all messages there and the icon is not hidden I check that on several occassions... HELP!!!! I was on the phone with RIM for 3 hours...aaaggghhhh
    You've already tried resending your service books and pulling the battery?

PIN/ID
    21a311e6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~numerous times...and all the different combos of resend service books, pull battery...pull battery resend service books. Its been like this for about a month too.