Had an interesting thing happen last night and wonder if anyone can help me figure ... General Blackberry forum

chilito no está en línea Stack level 2

Missing image ?

Advertisement

Had an interesting thing happen last night and wonder if anyone can help me figure out what occurred. A friend at Monday night football took a photo with his iphone and emailed it to my work address with some text along with the picture. Naturally, the message was sent to the BB. I read his comment and responded back to his email address (it was a gmail account he used to send the message). There was no picture embedded or attached to the BB message I received. Later on, I went to my Gmail account where I have all my work email being sent as an offsite archive and noticed that the copy that went there had a photo. I forwarded a copy to my BB address directly from gmail and it came with the pic.

So.... Any ideas why the embedded photo would have been stripped out when it went through the BES? There wasn't even a hint that a photo had ever been there. I am one of the admins for the BES and we have a totally open security setup and are not limiting anything intentionally.

We're using the cheap BES (Blackberry Professional Software) version 4.1.4.15 with Lotus Notes 7 and I have a Verizon Curve with 4.5.

Thanks!

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Does the pick show up in the inbox on your desktop but not on your BB?

Yes, the picture is in the inbox on my desktop and is not on the BB.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I think it has something to do with the html coding in lotus notes. I have notes 6.5 in our company embedded images shows up on the blackberry as <image> and to be honest with you I really don't know a way around it. It has always been this way. Its not like outlook where embedded images shows up as attachments on your blackberry in notes there is no way that I know that you are able to view the image when it is embedded into the email.

What got me was that there was no <image> or any other indication that there had ever been an image in the email. I wouldn't have even known it, except by a fluke of a circumstance where I opened the email elsewhere.

I'm sure you're right, too. It has to be tied up with the funky way Lotus Notes does their thing.....

Thanks for the reply!