Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 The Pearl has SureType just like the 7100 series. I'm not ... General Blackberry forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    The Pearl has SureType just like the 7100 series. I'm not understanding the question.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    She mistyped, profile says she has the 8330 curve
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

vliou no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm surprised one that misses Suretype...it always gave me nothing with headaches...especially the words "hey" and "get" were the same combination of keys....
    Vincent L
    Sync your Contacts/Calendar/Notes/Tasks wirelessly from your PC to BB - http://www.thinkpost.net

coca_74 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    The Pearl has SureType just like the 7100 series. I'm not understanding the question.

I have a Curve , the Pearl and the 7130i were both SureType, this thread was started asking if there is Suretype for the Curve........so that is what I was asking
    Maria

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by coca_74 View Post
    is there a 3rd party aplication? i would PAY anything for it.......i have had 3 pearls, and a 7130i so the pearl is my first without suretype and I hate it :-( i love the phone but I have had now for 2 weeks and have found that i won't email or barely type on bb messenger because I get so frustrated :-(

OOPSIE!!!!! no wonder you are confused hehe, I have a Curve now and I typed Pearl.........that 'll show ya how much I miss it lol sorry about that
    Maria

thanks for your quick responses :-) I think it may be out of habit after suretype for so many years......let's hope I get used to it! thanks again!!
    Maria

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Ok. I'm mobile so I can't see the profile. Thanks for clearing that up.

I actually love SureType as it keeps the phone portable for me to carry. It didn't take long for me to adjust to the system. The problem came when I transitioned from the 7100 series to the 8100 series as the keyboard was much smaller.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I'm now using the 8900 and even 3+ months later I still miss SureType!! But I've added a ton of shortcuts to my AutoText and that helps a lot... It's a hassle to go in and add them all but you only have to do it once. And then just remember what you set up as the shortcuts! LOL

But I'll never stop missing the spelling assistance of SureType! :-)

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    deleted

mikeyb88 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Ask!
    SureType is a great tool, but it was only ever implemented because of the lack of qwerty.

becmc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Pls Ask
    I'm not sure if its anything like suretype but if you use auto text you can add as many abbreviations as you can remember and just push the space bar to finish the word. I have entire sentences come up with just 2 letters pushed. I luv it.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Gristinct,
    You are make me rethink wanting an 8900 and going for a storm again. Just not sure I can handle that screen . ..

ct5694 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    lol oh karen you are funny. i know what you mean though, sometimes i miss suretype on my pearl too. but the full keyboard is much better in the long run, youll see =) plus, you get the big screen with the full keyboard! =)
    i heart pink robots, cupcakes, and sushi.
    www.nerdyconnie.com

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    Gristinct,
    You are make me rethink wanting an 8900 and going for a storm again. Just not sure I can handle that screen . ..
    I know what you mean! We have a Storm as a training demo at work so I use it from time to time and I love the option of SureType or QWERTY, but I don't think I'd ever completely love the lack of physical keyboard (although I do much prefer the way the Storm responds over the iPhone or the HTC touch phones).

I still am not one of those "the curve is better than any other BB ever created" types, but I do really enjoy my 8900 now. The main things that make this BB so great for me are the screen quality and the amount of memory. With my Pearls, I was always juggling apps and worrying about how much memory I had left. With the 8900 I have put on every app I can possibly ever even think about maybe using once in a blue moon :d and I still have a ton of free memory.

I have also made major use of AutoText, which really does help. But I still miss the size of the 81xx/8220 (I have short fingers and my hand is sore at the end of every day from holding the 8900 - I'm not exagerating and it never happened with a Pearl) and if they ever produce one that has the screen resolution and memory of the 8900, I would switch back in a second!

Karan898, how are you feeling about the switch at this point??
    Last edited by gritsinct; 06-07-2009 at 01:55 PM.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I am the same way, and my 8900 will be here tomorrow-I can't wait!!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    I am the same way, and my 8900 will be here tomorrow-I can't wait!!
    Let us know what you think!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12