Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I searched the threads but couldn't find anything on this. I just went from a ... General Blackberry forum

karen898 no está en línea Stack level 2

Miss SureType - went from Pearl to Curve!

Advertisement

I searched the threads but couldn't find anything on this. I just went from a Pearl to a Curve, and I miss SureType! According to the Curve user guide, I can only use SureType if I'm using Russian or Arabic. (Huh?) Anyway, has anyone figured out if they could use SureType on the Curve? My 15-year-old smarty pants son said that no one wants to use SureType. Well, I DO. I liked having the words spelled out for me after typing just two letters. Now I have to type out the entire words! I know....I'm lazy.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Haha, I missed suretype on my Curve for the first week, then got used to it. No there's no way to get suretype to work on your curve, sorry

I gave my pearl to my 15 yr old and I hate now when I have to use it. I do a lot of beta testing and occasionally use his for that. When I do, I miss my full keyboard, badly!!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    you'll get used to it.. i went from the 8120 to the 8900-- first week was the worst! it took me forever to write a txt or an email... now that im used to the keys im flying!
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I really like suretype and have become quite fast. The qwerty also has its advantages. Its really up to the user

karen898 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Okay, I'll take everyone's word for it...I'll get used to it. I've only had the thing for one week! Thanks.......

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    SureType and Qwerty is still the same amount of keyboard clicks you know ...
    Instead of typing HOME on qwerty youre typing 5693 on suretype .... ends up being the same thing ...

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    You could have got a storm and had suretype and qwerty in one.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Ranxoren, that's not quite the case with SureType - I just type "Ho" (or "5." if you're looking at numbers) and click my trackball as "home" is the first option that shows from the available list. You only save 1 click on a short word, but save many more on a longer word (ie 'exasperated' comes up after 2 clicks on my BB as I use that word a lot).

I much prefer SureType as not only do I get options after just typing a letter or 2, but also I don't have to figure out how to spell something (which can be painful for me LOL).

Just putting in my 2 cents, not expecting to convert anyone.... ;-)
    Last edited by gritsinct; 02-09-2009 at 03:41 PM.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by gritsinct View Post
    Ranxoren, that's not quite the case with SureType - I just type "Ho" (or "5." if you're looking at numbers) and click my trackball as "home" is the first option that shows from the available list. You only save 1 click on a short word, but save many more on a longer word (ie 'exasperated' comes up after 2 clicks on my BB as I use that word a lot).

I much prefer SureType as not only do I get options after just typing a letter or 2, but also I don't have to figure out how to spell something (which can be painful for me LOL).

Just putting in my 2 cents, not expecting to convert anyone.... ;-)

I def agree with you.. suretype made sure i spelled everything correct-, qith qwerty however, there might be a mistake here and there
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Oh i get your point. Well I still feel like im faster with qwerty then typing a letter than scrolling down to a word then clicking.
    I do like SureType as well and im quite fast at it (use it on my late Flip).
    The correction feature on 4.6 makes sure i dont make many spelling mistakes when I do (although i'm not that bad at spelling at all)

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by SeRViiCiiO View Post
    I def agree with you.. suretype made sure i spelled everything correct-, qith qwerty however, there might be a mistake here and there
    When I had my Pearl, although SureType spelled the words correctly, I noticed that sometimes I would type the wrong word because of it. Those cases where two words happen to be composed of the same letters. It was very annoying because its easier for people to decipher a misspelled word rather than guessing one word when you have said another.

krayed no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaricanese View Post
    When I had my Pearl, although SureType spelled the words correctly, I noticed that sometimes I would type the wrong word because of it. Those cases where two words happen to be composed of the same letters. It was very annoying because its easier for people to decipher a misspelled word rather than guessing one word when you have said another.
    I do this as well and I try so hard not to! Most of the time is the the words "are" and "see". Sometimes when I try to text back to someone "see you there" it ends up being "are you there" and they always text back with "No,???". Makes me feel pretty dumb but I still love the Suretype.

coca_74 no está en línea Stack level 2
    is there a 3rd party aplication? i would PAY anything for it.......i have had 3 pearls, and a 7130i so the pearl is my first without suretype and I hate it :-( i love the phone but I have had now for 2 weeks and have found that i won't email or barely type on bb messenger because I get so frustrated :-(

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I havent seen anything. I dont know if it would be possible to make a program like that.
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    The Pearl has SureType just like the 7100 series. I'm not understanding the question.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast