Hello. Basically, my contact list was stored on my SIM from my old phone and ... General Blackberry forum

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Migrating &/or organising contacts+info to a standard format for BB?

Advertisement

Hello. Basically, my contact list was stored on my SIM from my old phone and I never kept my e-mail address book & this synced up at all. Also, I have multiple phone numbers for each contact & none are 'Work' numbers (my Pearl seems to put all numbers in the 'Work' column by default & I don't know how to change this). I have numbers to businesses on my SIM too.

Basically, I want a clean list with one of each name & all the stuff I have on them (numbers, e-mail addys, etc) & everything in the right spot. I also want an easy way to back all this up for future models, restoration/repair, general storage, etc). What would be the best way to go about this and where should I start?

How have others on here migrated to BlackBerry units & smartphones in general and what did you do about this issue, if anything?

Thanks very much...

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: Migrating &/or organising contacts+info to a standard format for BB?

First off, welcome to the Stacks, you came to the right place.

With regards to backups, repairs, etc. you definitely will want to use the Desktop Manager application. I suggest downloading it from your Service Providers website. The version that ships on the CD, especially if your provider is AT&T, tends to be buggy. If you use a Mac, you won't be able to do it, though. Its PC only.

As far as your contacts go, the best suggestion I have is to get a contact program like Outlook or Lotus Notes and load all of your contacts into that. Once you get them cleaned up and organized, you can sync Outlook with your device and they will load up just fine.

Let us know if we can help with anything else.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Re: Migrating &/or organising contacts+info to a standard format for BB?

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu
    First off, welcome to the Stacks, you came to the right place.

With regards to backups, repairs, etc. you definitely will want to use the Desktop Manager application. I suggest downloading it from your Service Providers website. The version that ships on the CD, especially if your provider is AT&T, tends to be buggy. If you use a Mac, you won't be able to do it, though. Its PC only.

As far as your contacts go, the best suggestion I have is to get a contact program like Outlook or Lotus Notes and load all of your contacts into that. Once you get them cleaned up and organized, you can sync Outlook with your device and they will load up just fine.

Let us know if we can help with anything else.
    Can I use Thunderbird (open source e-mail client) for this?