Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

im looking into getting a miceoSD media card for my blackberry 8330 curve by verizon ... General Blackberry forum

nyc boy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31017fd9

microSD media card..how much does a 1GB hold??

im looking into getting a miceoSD media card for my blackberry 8330 curve by verizon wireless. what GB should i get...is a 1GB good enough?about how many pics,music,video recording does it hold about???
    thanks

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Blog Entries
    A 1gb card will hold about 1 gigabyte worth of data.
    It's always darkest before the dawn, so if you're gonna steal your neighbor's newspaper, that would be the time to do it.

Technical Support Blog | Forum Rules and Guidelines | Theme Posting Rules and Guidelines | Trust Level Explained

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I have a 2gig Kingston micro sd and that's good enough for me but when the upgrade for video recording comes out i'm gonna get the 8 Gig card . 2 gigs holds a good amount of songs, vids from applemobi.com, ringtones, pics and word files. I guess it also depends how much you're gonna use it. If you like to drive and plug your phone to your car and use it as an mp3 player then i would say get the 4gb although i dunno if the software you're running will support 8gigs. I know that when 4.5 hits att I will be able to have it Good luck dude.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Seriously, that's kind of a loaded question.

Let's say the average mp3 is about 5mb. If all you loaded on the card is 5mb mp3's that would be about 200 songs.
    It's always darkest before the dawn, so if you're gonna steal your neighbor's newspaper, that would be the time to do it.

Technical Support Blog | Forum Rules and Guidelines | Theme Posting Rules and Guidelines | Trust Level Explained

tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3
    4 gb iPod = approx 1000 songs if that helps

art4217 no está en línea Stack level 1
    If your mp3 files are that large you have a serious problem. Generally if you use a standard quality or smaller mp3 recording (which is a good idea if you want to listen on a mobile device without interruption) a 1gig card will get you approximately 700- 900 songs depending on length etc. Video quality will have a huge effect on how much you can view but I think if you used a small format you would be able to fit just under an hour on a 1 gig card. If your looking to carry around a library the cheapest way would be to buy several 2 gig cards (you can find these on sale pretty cheap)

zakz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Seriously, that's kind of a loaded question.

Let's say the average mp3 is about 5mb. If all you loaded on the card is 5mb mp3's that would be about 200 songs.
    Yep,
    A 4min mp3 song is about 4.5mb (average). I'm not sure about the other formats aac,wmv etc. And we know 1G = 1024MB so it should be about 250-300 mp3 songs.

nyc boy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31017fd9
    ok, thanks everyone for your help. i think i will get a 2 gig card.

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Yea the bigger the better

sender no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C1561
    I have a 2G card. I'd have much more on my card if I had a 4 or 8G card easy, but then I've got video on mine as well. Luckily, the 2G card is cheap enough that by the time you figure it out, you should be able to get a 4G or 8G card with no problem. I would have gotten one when I first got my BB, but they weren't available then.

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Blog Entries
    I only have a 1gb card and have about 200 songs 12 e-books and abot 200 pics and have only use about 100mb with 800mb left

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

zakz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bsjmcconnell View Post
    I only have a 1gb card and have about 200 songs 12 e-books and abot 200 pics and have only use about 100mb with 800mb left
    Wow, that's impressive. What format are ur songs? I should change mine to save space. Holla back.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc boy View Post
    .is a 1GB good enough?about how many pics,music,video recording does it hold about???
    thanks
    What determines how much a 1GB card holds is the size of each individual file. Meaning that each picture or song,are files that have a certain size. Therefore everyone will have a different amount of files on their cards. Again depending om the type of file & its size.

The next cinsideration to think about is how long you plan to own your current BlackBerry. If it's a long time, the I would get a larger card. If it's a short time, but you will be upgrading to another BB, then still get the larger card as you can put that card in the new model.

via: Red BB 8310

FF2
    FF2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I got an 8gig because the darn cards are so small that it would be easy to misplace one or more if you were given to swapping them too often. I actually got a 1gig free when I purchased the phone and it sits idle in a drawer since I don't want to accidently lose the 8gig. Also, my 8830 is inside an otterbox, making swapping even more of an issue.

Ryo Misaki no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    237E0FA6
    Lol @ RoGro.

Yes, a 1 gig card holds 1 gig.
    There's really no better way to put it since sizes of files are variable...

But, it all depends on what you'll be doing most with your Berry.
    If you're just gonna have it for pictures and maybe a few choice songs, a simple 1 gig will go a long way.

However, if you plan to focus on more Media (movies, music), files can get large quick, and a gig will be filled in no time.

So, it depends on how much money you're willing to spend, and how much space you think you need.

Also, if you have the oppourtunity to transfer data to a computer more often, you don't need as big of a card, since you can swap music and dump pictures easily.

Personally, my 1 gig has been great. But the choice is yours. =P

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast