I have a 1gb micro sd card. My wife just got a pearl. I am ... General Blackberry forum

moonpie23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2402DDDB

Micro SD Transfer

Advertisement

I have a 1gb micro sd card. My wife just got a pearl. I am going to give her the 1gb since she doesn't need that much storage and I am going to get a 2gb. How do I get all my ringtones, pics and music from my 1gb to the 2gb when I get it....I really don't want to go through all those downloads again.
    Thanks

sinjin007 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Micro SD Transfer

couldnt you just transfer all the pictures and ringtones to a file on your computer then on to your new SD

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

Yep, that's the way I do it too. Although it's alarming how slow SD cards are.

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Quote Originally Posted by Klotar
    Yep, that's the way I do it too. Although it's alarming how slow SD cards are.
    It's not the cards that are so slow, it's the lack of USB 2.0 on the Pearl. If I'm going to be moving a large amount of data to/from my 2 gb microSD, I take it out of my Pearl and put it in a USB 2.0 card reader. It is WAY faster.
    Russcrypto

Welcome to the Stacks!

New to BlackBerry or Pinstack? Please Read:

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Click here to email me.

BigTNPapa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2402F705

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if your pc has a media card reade it is easy as copy and paste. I always do large transfers through the pc media card reader. It isn't blazing fast that way either buy it beats trying to move it through the BB.

moonpie23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2402DDDB

thanks for the replies...I didn't think of using the hard drive...I was trying to go card to card...I have mass storage enabled so I will just use the hard drive and then put them on my new card.

1 more question...I have several ringtones assigned to callers...Will I have to redo all of them or as long as the ringtones are on my new card will they still be assigned and work correctly?
    Thanks

the hippie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

i thnk it should stay they way you set it up, i changed from a 64 to a 1gb card and didnt have any trouble