So I've seen several topics about this question but no actual answers - I'm trying ... General Blackberry forum

ataru no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Messenger add by pin

Advertisement

So I've seen several topics about this question but no actual answers - I'm trying to add contacts to BB Messenger, but I don't see a PIN option under "Use Once" (just e-mail), and when I add a contact with an associated PIN, it still attempts to send an e-mail. Why doesn't this work?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    If you're on the main BBM screen and press the BB menu button, there's an option to Add a Contact. You should be able to enter the PIN there.

No, all I get is "Add a contact..." which when I select it doesn't let me enter a pin.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hm. Welcome to PinStack, by the way! Please update your profile with this information, but what is your device and what Operating System are you running? Options>About, 3rd line down.

Thanks,
    Roger

8703e 4.1.0.377 - I've tried to figure out how to download the 4.2 update but the Downloads section on RIM's site doesn't seem to list this phone...

Dansnov1086 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FEDBE
    when you go to add new contact, hit your menu button and select add by PIN. I wish I could explain it better but I'm on 4.5 and it's slightly different. its the step right before where you get to enter the email address, before getting to that screen hit your menu button and select add by PIN
    PIN 245FEDBE
    AIM Dansnov1086

Dan

N/m, didn't realize I had to download from my provider (Verizon), will post back about whether that solves the problem once the update is done.

mzsteph no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi I'm on 4.3os but its my understanding that bb messenger isn't much different in os's if u go to BB messenger open the menu and click Help. Then click Add a contact. It tells you exactly what to do from there. You should be using Request by PIN.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~try adding the pin to the persons contact info inyour address book. Then go back to bbm and and contact.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    even in the older version of the OS's
    you should be able to hit "add contact" and it will take you to your address book scroll to the top and hit the menu button and select request by pin

that should work
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

Oh, now it makes sense, thank you

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    no problem!
    enjoy!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey