Can anyone explain to me as to when you have a lot of outbound messages ... General Blackberry forum

trinybwoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F8984

messages and battery life..

Advertisement

Can anyone explain to me as to when you have a lot of outbound messages on your device, it decreases battery performance. I have noticied personally, over this last month; I sent on average 4000 texts per month, and wenever I'm near the end of the month the battery runs down VERY quickly and the device runs preeeety slowly. I have the settings in the sms options set to automatically delete messages after 30 days.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: messages and battery life..

I would suggest deleting messages sooner. You are probably filling up on messages. Also signal strenght will make a difference in how long your battery lasts.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Re: messages and battery life..

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I found that turning off the message thread greatly increased speed while SMS-ing.

Home Screen -> Options -> SMS -> Number of Previous Items.

This was 7 or 10 by default. When replying to SMS, the threads get very LONG.

After I set this to 0, I noticed a dramatic increase in speed.

And though I have a 7130g now, the SMS problem was experienced on the 7100r. I have not attempted to use the thread option again; I got used to not seeing it.